03-25-2014, 07:34 AM
User Info
Hi everyone -

Up for sale are some items that unfortunately do not get much attention from me, so they need to be passed along to someone who would. I accept payment by Paypal. These prices include CONUS shipping; for all international buyers, we can work out a compromise (usually I will try to cover shipping or at least split half-way). For all items $20 and over, I will ship via USPS Priority Mail with tracking; for all items under $20 I will ship via USPS First Class Mail (add $1 if you want tracking).

1. Simpson's Phyl 8 TSN Limited Edition in Best. Number 42. 24mm knot/50mm loft (approximate). If you were a member of TSN during either the build-up or release of these great brushes, you'll remember how exciting this release was. Despite producing 200 of these, they sold out very quickly. If you are new, here's your chance to obtain one.

The handle has a wonderful "chunkiness" to it and heft. It has an art deco feel to it, but is nice and ergonomic. The knot is a great example of Simpson's best, and more of a fan-type. The brush itself compares to the Duke 3 in that its a great all-arounder. I've used it with hard soaps, croaps, and soft creams, and it accomplishes its task with ease.

It comes with the box, tissue paper, and care instructions card. I will also include the Simpson's aftershave balm that came with the brush and a brand new tube of Palmolive Classic Shaving Cream. It makes me sad to have to sell this, but it just does not get much attention these days. These sold for around $100 new, and I've used it about 10 times, so I was thinking $90. SOLD! Thanks MikeDDS and TSN!

2. Merkur 37C, i.e. the slant. This razor does not need much introduction. If you want a slant, this is the "gold standard" these days. It is aggressive, but as long as you maintain a light touch, it glides across the face smoothly.

This does not come with the box. I will also include a brand new tube of Palmolive Classic Shaving Cream. These retail new for around $45, so I would like to get $35 for it. SOLD! Thanks cnj01 and TSN!

3. Semogue Barbear Classico Limited Edition in Cerda. Boar brush; 22mm/50mm. This was a brush I was looking forward to because it has the dimensions of my beloved Semogue 1438 but with premium 90% tops. But I just cannot get it to displace my 1438.

The handle is lovely and I've barely used it so it needs/wants to be broken in (like a nice pair of shoes). This version is from the first run, back in 2013. I know they've just come back in stock, retailing for $27. When I bought mine, they were $30 so I was thinking $25 shipped. SOLD! Thanks lathercatcher and TSN!

4. Gold Dollar #66 with strop. Shave-ready. The Gold Dollars are not the most beautiful straights in the world, but get the job done. This came to me shave ready, and I could only bring myself to use it once and then realize that straights are just not for me.

This comes with an odd travel-size strop that, like the Gold Dollar, isn't the prettiest, but gets the job done. Also, unlike other travel/practice strops, it has a linen component. I received this combination in a trade, so I was thinking a decent price would be $20. SOLD! Thanks Jabberwock and TSN!

5. Truefitt & Hill Grafton Shaving Cream in tub. 190g/6.7 ounces. Has only been used twice. Here is the official description of the scent: "Classic, sophisticated masculine scent with fresh spicy green herbaceous opening notes which lead to a rich, woody, amber background with a hint of leather." I definitely get green/herbaceous scent and the rich woodsy basenotes.

Its a lovely cream with a potent scent (no light fragrances here). This retails new for $30, so I was thinking $20. SOLD! Thanks tjackson1 and TSN!

6. RazoRock King Louis Lavender Karite Shaving Soap. 150ml/5oz. I've used this once only. It has a nice, light lavender scent and the base of this soap contains lanolin, so you're getting a shea butter-based soap with extra moisturizing. Its a bit harder in consistency so as you can see I barely made a dent.

These retail new for $12, so I would like $10 for it. SOLD! Thanks bmilcs and TSN!

7. RazoRock 888 Eucalyptus Karite Shaving Soap. 150ml/5oz. I've used this soap about 5-7 times. Take all the things I said about the King Louis above and add that here, except that its a clean, fresh eucalyptus scent rather than a calming lavender scent.

Retails new for $12, I would like $8 for it. SOLD! Thanks Lutebro and TSN!

As always, feel free to comment on my pricing in this thread. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 03-25-2014, 07:36 AM
  • rzedan
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Wow. Those are great items. GLWTS!

0 164
 03-25-2014, 07:39 AM
User Info
(03-25-2014, 07:36 AM)rzedan Wrote: Wow. Those are great items. GLWTS!

Thanks. I feel terrible offering up the Simpson's specifically but I just don't use it at all and I try to follow a rule that if I don't use something, it needs to find a new home.

84 1,505
 03-25-2014, 07:42 AM
  • rzedan
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(03-25-2014, 07:39 AM)jpakstis Wrote:
(03-25-2014, 07:36 AM)rzedan Wrote: Wow. Those are great items. GLWTS!

Thanks. I feel terrible offering up the Simpson's specifically but I just don't use it at all and I try to follow a rule that if I don't use something, it needs to find a new home.

Indeed. Hurts to see them go. If I had the cash right now I would buy all the stuff you posted. It's priced fantastically and someone will be very happy when they buy.

0 164
 03-25-2014, 09:04 AM
User Info
I would like the T & H Grafton for $20.

Thanks

1 6
 03-25-2014, 09:32 AM
User Info
PM sent in the brush

21 368
 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM
User Info
Everything is SOLD! Thank you every one who bought and TSN! Moderators please archive, thanks!

84 1,505
 03-27-2014, 11:59 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Archived.

102 18,552