03-25-2014, 09:24 AM
User Info
I just ordered all 3 Semogue Barbear Classico brushes. The Cerda, Mistura, and Texugo. I am really excited to try them. What should I expect when I get them?

I want to also order the 2013 Limited Edition in Olive wood. How would all 4 brushes compare to each other? Really looking forward to these brushes. Now I just have to wait out the postman.

38 146
 03-25-2014, 11:26 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
All the BC brushes are extremely capable brushes, the Mistura offering a unique sensation (quite soft tips and very decent backbone) and the Texugo has the more recent batch of Semogue's 2-Band hair, which is simply a great all-around badger hair.
Given the short handles, they are all more adequate for face lathering, which by no means implies they aren't prepared for bowl lathering (I'm a bowl latherer myself).

The 2013LE hair is the Selected Silvertip, one of the softest Silvertips currently available from any manufacturer, IMHO.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of those brushes, Tim.

26 4,953
 03-25-2014, 01:27 PM
User Info
Tim,

An excellent choice on the Barbear Classico Cerda, Mistura, and Texugo brushes. I have the three and am enjoying them greatly. I am using them exclusively for face lathering and each one has unique qualities. I especially like the shorter handles and knots/firm backbone. I also have the 2013 SE Olive Wood handle on order - initial reviews indicate it has a wonderful knot. Hopefully it has the firmer knot/backbone similar to the Barbear Classicos. I believe you made a good investment on nice brushes that will give years of service.

22 764