03-25-2014, 04:08 PM
User Info
This razor came in without scales. The blade was in decent shape but showed some evidence of buffing on the script on the shaft. I fixed that while cleaning up the rest of the blade while preserving the scripts.
The scales are Black Horn. I kept to a traditional style and added a small bevel around the perimeter of the flat scales. I also matched the sweep of the scales to the sweep of the spine of the razor giving it a unified look.
I cut recesses into the insides of the scales to accept silver inserts which are located where the white faux ivory wedge is. Since I wanted the blade to fit very tight I added a small groove in the wedge for the blade to slide into.
NiAg pins and SS washers finished it up.

[Image: RhujmDf.jpg]

[Image: Ba47yK8.jpg]

[Image: gj0kpJB.jpg]

[Image: YCrMdIB.jpg]

[Image: vbxW5RY.jpg]

[Image: UAmsAzE.jpg]

[Image: rOw6aLX.jpg]

[Image: 4RFFgWH.jpg]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLWlPra.jpg[/img

0 777
 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Lovely Mark. Your work and pictures are sure giving me the itch to get back in to straights.

175 23,752
 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM
User Info
Get back into them? You mean you were into them then left? Oh boy , I'll have to say a prayer for you, you lost soul!
Then again ,,, since you left ,,, do you have any you want to sell ? I think I need more. Please help me if you can. I'm Desperate .
Well I am if you don't count the ones that came in today.

0 777
 03-25-2014, 05:59 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
No sir, nary a one to my name. I'm looking at some vintage straights and might send some your way for a spit and polish.

175 23,752
 03-25-2014, 06:13 PM
User Info
Well that's great to hear as I'm running a re- introductory special on blade restorations just for you !
You find something and it would be my pleasure to build it for you.

0 777