03-27-2014, 07:44 AM
User Info
If you follow the Twitter or other social media, you may have seen that I made a "cinnamon bun" shaving soap. It started as a joke with an online friend, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. So it became my first "contender" scent. Depending on sales and feedback, those scents will either become regulars, or just fade away as failed experiments.

I haven't cut the Cinnamon Bun soap yet. I'm pondering what size.

I'd been thinking of making the "Contenders" 2oz. That doubles the number of testers for the same amount of soap without going over the edge into "annoyingly fiddly" where labor is concerned. It also gives a half price option for people who might not want to take a chance on an unknown blend or atypical sort of scent. "No, really, bubblegum is a great scent for shaving soap. Buy a full 4oz!"

Any thoughts?

10 1,858
 03-27-2014, 12:28 PM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
If you need a tester I'll be happy to participate!

10 963
 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Eric Count me in!

I'd love to get a contender puck Cool

Blessings,
James

9 1,684
 03-28-2014, 09:04 PM
User Info
I like the idea. I'd rather buy four 2oz soaps than two 4oz soaps if I'm blind buying on scent. Plus you'd be getting feedback on more scents per customer if others followed suit.

25 243
 03-29-2014, 11:29 AM
User Info
Great size options!! If you need a test subject let me know...Smile

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

0 25
 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM
User Info
I put up the 2oz cinnamon bun soaps this morning for $3.25.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

10 1,858
 03-29-2014, 12:13 PM
User Info
I just placed my order Eric. I picked up 2 of your signature scents; Dapper Dragon (of course) & Ice Wyrm. I also had to add a trial pick of this contender Cinnamon Bun.

I must say that I've never used Etsy before and the ordering process was quite simple. My only little complaint is that it's impossible to tell what kind of soap I'm clicking on as they all look the same with no label, only different prices. I had to click on each one to see what it was so there was some unnecessary back & forth trying to find the scents I wanted.

Thanks though and I look forward to adding your soaps to my limited rotation.

31 8,058
 03-29-2014, 07:29 PM
User Info
(03-29-2014, 12:13 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I must say that I've never used Etsy before and the ordering process was quite simple. My only little complaint is that it's impossible to tell what kind of soap in clicking on as they all look the same with no label, only different prices. I had to click on wax one to see what it was so there was some unnecessary back & forth trying to find the scents I wanted.

It was a bit of a conundrum, deciding how to picture them. I'm still deciding on a final solution, but for now I added the label of the soaps as their first pic.

For anyone else that may be having issues, if you hover over a picture or listing on Etsy, it will pop up the complete description after a moment.

10 1,858
 03-29-2014, 08:46 PM
User Info
Wow, I had some iphone follies in that post. Thanks for the changes to help. I was doing everything my my phone and didn't have the etsy app yet. That may have helped, huh?

31 8,058