03-28-2014, 07:04 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
I am very happy with this fine soap, after not having any luck with the artisan soaps I have tried (other than RR)I am very pleased with the way this soap performed all around I rank it with MWF in performance and higher in the scent department! I love it.

2 253
 03-28-2014, 07:07 PM
User Info
glad you found something that works well. I always liked the terra cotta bowl look.

3 84
 03-28-2014, 07:23 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I hand some of this too I have test lathered that the scent is growing on me. Glad you found something that works for you!

58 1,312
 03-28-2014, 07:27 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
I have been facelathering exclusively as of late and so I milled it into a push up container adding a couple of drops of distilled water as I packed it in to the container. (classic brutt green) it works great just like my MWF stick
(03-28-2014, 07:07 PM)ddown Wrote: glad you found something that works well. I always liked the terra cotta bowl look.

2 253
 03-28-2014, 09:47 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
You don't hear that much about this soap, it always seems to be under the radar compared to many others, but it is a wonderful soap that is very well balanced. And, IMO, very underrated Wink.

While I truly enjoy the scent, I don't think I could make it my everyday scent, as it falls into a class of scent for me that I need to be in the mood for to use. The performance however, is spectacular with very slick lather, and I love the menthol that seems to surprise me almost every time I use it. Post shave is ranked right up there. Definitely a great soap to experience and an excellent addition to any den Biggrin!

34 1,628
 03-29-2014, 02:47 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
(03-28-2014, 09:47 PM)Giorgio Wrote: You don't hear that much about this soap, it always seems to be under the radar compared to many others, but it is a wonderful soap that is very well balanced. And, IMO, very underrated Wink.

While I truly enjoy the scent, I don't think I could make it my everyday scent, as it falls into a class of scent for me that I need to be in the mood for to use. The performance however, is spectacular with very slick lather, and I love the menthol that seems to surprise me almost every time I use it. Post shave is ranked right up there. Definitely a great soap to experience and an excellent addition to any den Biggrin!

Agreed. An excellent soap, with a great post-shave hydration, and a unique scent, and one that doesn't get discussed that often, although more so in recent months.

26 4,896
 03-29-2014, 10:16 AM
User Info
Got a puck of I Coloniali in from Phil today and just shaved with it.

Holy mother of god.

This is one of the very few commercial soaps where I can say that I will buy it for as long as they continue to make it. Without a doubt the best Italian soap I have ever used. Rich and creamy and easy to load, light menthol (but not a face freezer, which is good because I'm not really a menthol guy). Slick as hell and beautiful cushion. If I didn't have so many other things to try, I'd 3017 this stuff in a heartbeat. If you think you might like the smell (which I love but could see being very polarizing), you owe it to yourself to pick some of this stuff up. Absolutely incredible post-shave feel too. Top 5. I'm really going to have to steel myself to shave with something else tomorrow. It was that good. I didn't know commercial manufacturers still MADE soaps like this.

I finished the shave off with a dash of Myrsol Agua Balsamica (also from Phil). The Myrsol went beautifully with the scent of the soap and burned very little. Love the scent, the bottle, and the performance. A keeper.

5 407
 03-29-2014, 10:33 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
The I Coloniali Mango soap is as good as everyone here says it is. Pair it with the I Coloniali Mango Facial & Aftershave Balm 3 in 1 and it just doesn't get any better. MWF, eat your heart out! (Sorry, Johnny. Biggrin )

2 11,211
 03-29-2014, 12:42 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
No need to apologize to me Freddy. I love the i Coloniali Mango Soap and to top it off with the i Coloniali Mango Balm is just heavenly. As a matter of fact I use the Mango Balm with almost any soap.

175 23,752
 03-29-2014, 02:12 PM
User Info
I really enjoy i Coloniali as well, it's a really nice soap.

19 881
 03-29-2014, 02:41 PM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
(03-29-2014, 02:47 AM)TheMonk Wrote:
(03-28-2014, 09:47 PM)Giorgio Wrote: You don't hear that much about this soap, it always seems to be under the radar compared to many others, but it is a wonderful soap that is very well balanced. And, IMO, very underrated Wink.

Agreed. An excellent soap, with a great post-shave hydration, and a unique scent, and one that doesn't get discussed that often, although more so in recent months.

Totally agree Smile

4 447
 04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
How does the tube version compare to this one?
Obviously the tube is a cream, but performance-wise, how does it compare?

57 2,560
 04-05-2014, 02:35 PM
User Info
That I do not know. I'd be interested in knowing that too.

19 881
 04-05-2014, 03:48 PM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
Nice review. I'm curious what the balm smells like

17 437
 04-05-2014, 04:43 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I love the cream, but wasn't taken with the soap.

99 18,011
 04-05-2014, 08:47 PM
  • Lando
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
I like the soap better the second go around.

Initially I wasn't too keen on the scent or the lather, which seemed on the thin side.

It requires a little extra loading for me as the puck is very hard.

17 437
 04-06-2014, 03:29 AM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
(04-05-2014, 03:48 PM)Lando Wrote: Nice review. I'm curious what the balm smells like

The Rhubarb AS Milk smells a lot like Chocolate with an occasional hint of Mango.

I'm not sure if this is what the soap smells like, but I understand that the scent of the cream and Rhubarb-based Milk are similar.

I'm not sure what the Hydro-repair balm smells like, but am close to pulling the trigger on some to try out.

33 645
 04-06-2014, 03:33 AM
User Info
(04-06-2014, 03:29 AM)ajc347 Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 03:48 PM)Lando Wrote: Nice review. I'm curious what the balm smells like

The Rhubarb AS Milk smells a lot like Chocolate with an occasional hint of Mango.

I'm not sure if this is what the soap smells like, but I understand that the scent of the cream and Rhubarb-based Milk are similar.

I'm not sure what the Hydro-repair balm smells like, but am close to pulling the trigger on some to try out.

I think this is what the mango oil soap smells like. I've always struggled to describe it but I think this is it.

Via Tapatalk

19 881
 04-06-2014, 05:50 AM
  • Lando
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
I've also heard notes of incense and fine pipe tobacco, as well as dirty socks. I agree with all of those descriptions to a degree

17 437
 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
If the soap has cocoa butter in it then that explains the chocolate smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 2,560