03-28-2014, 07:56 PM
User Info
So what are you waiting for so anxiously that you can't get any writing done?

31 8,058
 03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
TWSBI Economy and Mini-Vac.

2 11,211
 03-28-2014, 08:11 PM
User Info
I recently moved some shave kit that I wasn't using to fund some new writing acquisitions.

The first one is what I'm most excited about; my first customized nib from a nibmeister. I emailed several but settled on Pendleton Brown. He is customizing a TWSBI mini Classic for me with a "lean" Extra-Fine nib with some flair. He calls it his Flairline. I hope to receive it early next week.

To go along with this I added a few more things from the Goulet Pen Company.
  • TWSBI Vac 700 - Clear, Extra-Fine
  • Rhodia WebNotebook - Dot Grid, Black
  • 2 smaller Rhodia DotPads
  • 3 Pilot Iroshizuku Inks: Ku-Jaku - Peacock, Fuyu-Gaki - Winter Persimmon, Chiku-Rin - Bamboo Forest
I'm really looking forward to enjoying this splurge when it all arrives. [/code]

(03-28-2014, 07:59 PM)freddy Wrote: TWSBI Economy and Mini-Vac.

Freddy, I thought about waiting for the mini Vac with how much I love the mini Classic but I couldn't find out much regarding how much longer of a wait it will be. Do you have any idea if they have mentioned a target release date?

31 8,058
 03-28-2014, 08:54 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(03-28-2014, 08:11 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I recently moved some shave kit that I wasn't using to fund some new writing acquisitions.

The first one is what I'm most excited about; my first customized nib from a nibmeister. I emailed several but settled on Pendleton Brown. He is customizing a TWSBI mini Classic for me with a "lean" Extra-Fine nib with some flair. He calls it his Flairline. I hope to receive it early next week.

To go along with this I added a few more things from the Goulet Pen Company.
  • TWSBI Vac 700 - Clear, Extra-Fine
  • Rhodia WebNotebook - Dot Grid, Black
  • 2 smaller Rhodia DotPads
  • 3 Pilot Iroshizuku Inks: Ku-Jaku - Peacock, Fuyu-Gaki - Winter Persimmon, Chiku-Rin - Bamboo Forest
I'm really looking forward to enjoying this splurge when it all arrives. [/code]

(03-28-2014, 07:59 PM)freddy Wrote: TWSBI Economy and Mini-Vac.

Freddy, I thought about waiting for the mini Vac with how much I love the mini Classic but I couldn't find out much regarding how much longer of a wait it will be. Do you have any idea if they have mentioned a target release date?

Brian, as much as I love the TWSBI pens, they are infamous for announcing a product and then seemingly taking forever to bring it to market. I have a gift certificate for the Goulet Pen Co. that I have been holding onto for one of those TWSBIs I mentioned. However, the Goulets have announced the latest Pilot Vanishing Points coming in May and I am very tempted to put the certificate towards that. I really like the Copper Red and Desert Orange in that series.

Please let us know how you like the Flairline nib when it arrives. If you could show us a writing sample, that would be appreciated.

I have the TWSBI Vac 700 in orange with an extra fine nib and love it. I have mine filled with Noodler's Antietam and that color seems to suit the orange color of the pen. One thing, though. While the cap can be posted on this pen, I find it quite top heavy and a bit unbalanced that way. The pen is easily big enough, though, that posting the cap is not necessary.

2 11,211
 03-29-2014, 03:33 AM
User Info
I have no intention of posting that big boy. Biggrin

31 8,058