03-29-2014, 07:56 AM
User Info
I just read a press release from LEA/Lascaray and some accompanying posts on a Spanish shaving forum (I believe by TSN member du212) about a soon to be released new line of high-end classic shaving products from LEA.

I love my LEA shave stick, and hope these new products will soon be available for purchase here in the USA.

[pardon the Google translate]

[Image: UKvrxwV.png]

Sandalwood, glycerin, bisabolol, allantoin, menthol ...

new cream tube, reformulated
New reformulated cream jar
New shaving soap completely reformulated in wooden bowl,
Replacement shaving soap
aftershave lotion with lanolin, allantoin sandalwood scented glycerin and menthol

0 386
 03-29-2014, 08:09 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Sounds interesting. Might be interested in the hard soap if it is as good as or better than their shave stick.

Bob

0 1,694
 03-29-2014, 08:16 AM
User Info
(03-29-2014, 08:09 AM)BobH Wrote: Sounds interesting. Might be interested in the hard soap if it is as good as or better than their shave stick.

Bob

Particularly if it is a tallow soap, like their stick, rather than the veggie disappointments from manufacturers like GFT and TOBS.

0 386
 03-29-2014, 08:57 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Well there are some good veggie soaps but I generally prefer the tallow variety too. Fingers crossed.

Bob

0 1,694
 03-29-2014, 02:12 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
I have been using a travel tube of LEA AS Balsam the last week, and it has performed wonderfully.

0 1,137
 03-29-2014, 04:55 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
Exciting news! Hope it gets here to the US.

6 237
 03-30-2014, 02:45 PM
User Info
That sure looks nice. A LEA tallow soap with sandalwood scent looks wonderful.
Hope that it gets here to Portugal also - and looking forward to try them

2 5,548
 03-30-2014, 06:17 PM
User Info
(03-30-2014, 02:45 PM)oversaturn Wrote: That sure looks nice. A LEA tallow soap with sandalwood scent looks wonderful.
Hope that it gets here to Portugal also - and looking forward to try them

According to the linked press releases, the new line was supposed to be released this month. I don't know if it is actually in stores (it's not in the LEA online shop), but I assume that you would see it much sooner in Portugal than in the USA. We will probably be looking to you for reviews.Smile

0 386
 03-31-2014, 03:54 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
That'll be awesome. But hopefully before its released I will have some other software finished and out of the way for this one.

10 963
 03-31-2014, 05:10 AM
User Info
I emailed LEA to inquire about the availability of the new Classic line of products. They are usually very helpful, and the following is the relevant portion of their response I received this morning:

Quote:Hi Steven,

We received your mail. Our first samples will be launched at Cosmoprof Bologna, Italy, late this week. But until mid-April we will not be industrially manufacturing the whole “Classic” range, so I presume that not before June you will be able to order them from shaveabuck.com.

Best regards,

Jorge López de Luzuriaga

Export Manager
LEA / Lascaray S.A.
+ 34 669 836476
j.lopez@productoslea.com

0 386
 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM
User Info
Just received the new LEA Classic shaving soap and bowl Biggrin

[Image: 18095110pv.jpg]

Soon I will share my impressions about it - and some more photos, of course! Smile

2 5,548
 04-26-2014, 04:16 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
There it is! Tongue

26 4,953
 04-26-2014, 04:17 PM
User Info
(04-26-2014, 04:08 PM)oversaturn Wrote: Just received the new LEA Classic shaving soap and bowl Biggrin

Soon I will share my impressions about it - and some more photos, of course! Smile

How? From where?

LEA issued a press release just days ago stating that the Classic line would be delayed? Joe from Italian Barber (who sampled the products from his trip to Cosmoprof Bologna) believed the delay was due to a defect in the shave cream tub container.

I am green with envy and eager to read your review . Joe advised it contained tallow and menthol, performed even better than the stick, and smelled very good.

0 386
 04-27-2014, 04:15 PM
User Info
(04-26-2014, 04:17 PM)branford Wrote:
(04-26-2014, 04:08 PM)oversaturn Wrote: Just received the new LEA Classic shaving soap and bowl Biggrin

How? From where?

LEA issued a press release just days ago stating that the Classic line would be delayed? Joe from Italian Barber (who sampled the products from samples at Cosmoprof Bologna) believed the delay was due to a defect in the shave cream tub container.

I am green with envy and eager to read your review . Joe advised it contained tallow and menthol, performed even better than the stick, and smelled very good.

A friend of mine that owns a brick-and-mortar shop went to Cosmoprof and brought this one to me... Wink

Later on I will share my thoughts, but my initial impressions are indeed positive, and inline with that opinion made by Joe.

Can you point me the link where he shared those ideas, please?

2 5,548
 04-27-2014, 05:36 PM
User Info
(04-27-2014, 04:15 PM)oversaturn Wrote:
(04-26-2014, 04:17 PM)branford Wrote:

How? From where?

LEA issued a press release just days ago stating that the Classic line would be delayed? Joe from Italian Barber (who sampled the products from samples at Cosmoprof Bologna) believed the delay was due to a defect in the shave cream tub container.

A friend of mine that owns a brick-and-mortar shop went to Cosmoprof and brought this one to me... Wink

Later on I will share my thoughts, but my initial impressions are indeed positive, and inline with that opinion made by Joe.

Can you point me the link where he shared those ideas, please?

Joe discussed the Lea products on his Italian Barber Facebook page, specifically

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...eam_ref=10

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...eam_ref=10

LEA's statement about the delay can also be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/ProductosLEA?sk...9&app_data

0 386
 04-28-2014, 02:57 PM
User Info
Thank you very much for the links, Steve! I definitely agree with the "cologne" description for the scent.

Here are some photos:

[Image: 18095111hi.jpg]

Ingredients list:

[Image: 18095112mh.jpg]

[Image: 18095113nr.jpg]

The label says that it contains essential oils, however, I can't see them on the Ingredients lists... maybe because they are just part of the fragrance?!?!

[Image: 18095114xz.jpg]

The presentation is very classic and distinctive, as good or better than many classic English soaps...

[Image: 18095115fc.jpg]

[Image: 18095116we.jpg]

[Image: 18095117ip.jpg]

[Image: 18095118dr.jpg]

How does it work? Well, it seems to me an excellent soap, lather comes quickly and with good quality. Comparing to LEA shaving stick, this puck seems even more moisturising to me. Performance-wise, reminds me of other good triple-milled soaps such as DR Harris or Tabac.

Has a slight menthol feeling, but nothing strong, just enough to notice that it's there.

The aroma in the soap is barely noticeable, buts grows when lathering, and then becomes clearly noticeable. Although sandalwood is mentioned in the label, it is not a classic and woody sandalwood scent, like the English ones, nor a sweet sandalwood scent like the EJ/Mühle sandalwood soaps.

The scent is a blend of sandalwood with some herbal and refreshing tones, probably moss and menthol as referred in the label. The result is a scent that is far from being straight sandalwood, but is something reminiscent of the classic refreshing European colognes, very enjoyable and suitable for summer... and I even wish it was stronger!
Lasts throughout the shave, and then disappears, not interfering with the cologne or aftershave. Smile

2 5,548
 04-28-2014, 03:49 PM
User Info
(04-28-2014, 02:57 PM)oversaturn Wrote: Thank you very much for the links, Steve! I definitely agree with the "cologne" description for the scent.

Here are some photos:

[Image: 18095111hi.jpg]

Ingredients list:

[Image: 18095112mh.jpg]

[Image: 18095113nr.jpg]

The label says that it contains essential oils, however, I can't see them on the Ingredients lists... maybe because they are just part of the fragrance?!?!

[Image: 18095114xz.jpg]

The presentation is very classic and distinctive, as good or better than many classic English soaps...

[Image: 18095115fc.jpg]

[Image: 18095116we.jpg]

[Image: 18095117ip.jpg]

[Image: 18095118dr.jpg]

How does it work? Well, it seems to me an excellent soap, lather comes quickly and with good quality. Comparing to LEA shaving stick, this puck seems even more moisturising to me. Performance-wise, reminds me of other good triple-milled soaps such as DR Harris or Tabac.

Has a slight menthol feeling, but nothing strong, just enough to notice that it's there.

The aroma in the soap is barely noticeable, buts grows when lathering, and then becomes clearly noticeable. Although sandalwood is mentioned in the label, it is not a classic and woody sandalwood scent, like the English ones, nor a sweet sandalwood scent like the EJ/Mühle sandalwood soaps.

The scent is a blend of sandalwood with some herbal and refreshing tones, probably moss and menthol as referred in the label. The result is a scent that is far from being straight sandalwood, but is something reminiscent of the classic refreshing European colognes, very enjoyable and suitable for summer... and I even wish it was stronger!
Lasts throughout the shave, and then disappears, not interfering with the cologne or aftershave. Smile

Thanks, Sir.

Will order this ASAP

24 6,021
 04-28-2014, 04:00 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Going to Spain in June-can't wait!

19 753
 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM
User Info
Emmanuel, thanks for the photos and your observations. I hope it's not too long before it arrives stateside.

Does your friend have any idea about prices for the new product range?

0 386
 04-28-2014, 06:34 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Looks nice. Anyone know when the splash will be available?

45 3,955