03-30-2014, 04:09 PM
  • pooking
  • Wishful thinker.
  • Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
User Info
My friend plans to go on vacation to Morocco. Does anyone knows if there is some shaving related stuff that is not available here in the US?

7 150
 03-30-2014, 04:30 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
No kidding I don't think I saw any shaving gear in Tangiers. Extreme poverty, rugged environment, very nice people, and good food. It has a very strong French presence, so maybe he will find something. Most of my friends from the EU go to Marrakesh for a holiday at least once in their lifetime.

19 742
 03-30-2014, 08:49 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
I visit every other year or so , my wife is Moroccan.

I've seen Spanish William's Aqua Velva and Shave cream, they are cheaply priced and worth getting also saw La Toja cream.

There are various aftershaves like the many European flavors of Brut and I recall other aftershaves.

Shaving creams are either from Europe, the Middle East and are labeled Williams usually.

Brushes I did not see badger but Turkish brand boar brushes, that were not good. I saw no razors at all but you can buy blades in corner shops .

Supermarkets carry a limited amount of shaving gear right next to the Gillette carts. I saw stuff in toiletry shops in the madina, they had the most variety.

Creams and after shaves are usually between $1 and $4.

15 541
 03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
  • pooking
  • Wishful thinker.
  • Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
User Info
Thank you Gentlemen,

Well, his trip does not look too promising shaving-stuff-wise. Confused I will not bother him then.

Thank you.

7 150