05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
User Info
I'm in need of an aftershave and Lucky Tiger is bigger and cheaper than Proraso.

Do they both perform the same or differently?

0 128
 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Identical? no. I am not all that familiar with Lucky Tiger but I can say with confidence that Lucky Tiger and Proraso and not identical.

45 16,351
 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
User Info
They are both stearic acid creams enriched with glycerin. Same with Noxzema, Prep and 3P. Just pick the one with the scent and consistency you like.

Growing up a lot of the barbers I knew used LT as a pre for straight shaves and as a post when shaving the back of your neck.

If you are a menthol junkie and like pre shave creams, then LT is the one. I prefer Proraso and Prep myself. Better scent and consistency for me.

2 697
 05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
User Info
(05-06-2012, 08:24 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Identical? no. I am not all that familiar with Lucky Tiger but I can say with confidence that Lucky Tiger and Proraso and not identical.

I've used lucky tiger in the past, and while I did like the scent, it didn't do much for moisturizing my skin.

(05-06-2012, 09:02 PM)SteelTown Wrote: They are both stearic acid creams enriched with glycerin. Same with Noxzema, Prep and 3P. Just pick the one with the scent and consistency you like.

Growing up a lot of the barbers I knew used LT as a pre for straight shaves and as a post when shaving the back of your neck.

If you are a menthol junkie and like pre shave creams, then LT is the one. I prefer Proraso and Prep myself. Better scent and consistency for me.

Does the proraso have that cooling effect when used with cold water or is that just the cream?

0 128
 05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
User Info
Anything with menthol will have that effect. I am not a menthol fanatic so I use the white jar Proraso. Maybe some other members can comment on that aspect

2 697
 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
If you are talking about either of these two products then yes, they do have a cooling effect without using cold water. They both have menthol and eucalyptus in them.

173 23,546