04-01-2014, 12:13 PM
User Info
I recently aquired several different types of injectors. I've never used an injector and was wandering what the best blade to use in them is and where to get them. I currently use only Feather blades in my de If that helps. I like a super sharp blade. I've heard Feather actually makes an injector blade, are they as good as their de's? Undecided

6 589
 04-01-2014, 12:20 PM
User Info
I don't think Feather makes an injector blade. If you've seen references to the "featherjector" it was a fad a few years ago where people would slide a Feather Artist Club blade into an injector and clip the part of the blade that stuck out off.

Except for finding vintage injector blades, it seems the most available sources are either the Chinese Shick injector blades, which can found on Amazon and other sources, like eBay. Or you can get injector blades from medical supply sites like Ted Pella. I've tried both and I find they get the job done, with no preference over the other.

EDIT: after posting this, I found this discussion here:

http://shavenook.com/thread-best-injector-blades

84 1,505
 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
Drugstore.com
Schick Injector Blades $4.99
Cheapest Ive Found.
Spend over $35 free shipping.
The actually have a good selection of wetshaving items...for a drugstore.

I have used several NOS injector blades such as PAL and Older Schicks (2 diff varieties)..and noticed little difference in performance...

9 429
 04-01-2014, 01:14 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-01-2014, 12:45 PM)W.S.O. Wrote: Drugstore.com
Schick Injector Blades $4.99

Cheapest Ive Found.
Spend over $35 free shipping.
The actually have a good selection of wetshaving items...for a drugstore.

I have used several NOS injector blades such as PAL and Older Schicks (2 diff varieties)..and noticed little difference in performance...

100% agree with this. Great price and service, plus IMHO you cannot beat the Schick Injector blades.

175 23,752
 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I bought some injector blades in Japanese packaging when I was in Tokyo 2 weeks ago. They are Schick brand with 10 blades per cartridge. Since all the writing on the package is in Japanese, I have no way of knowing where the blades were made.
The actual metal injector cartridge has english text but does not list a country of origin. They are nice and sharp. I like them better than Personnas. I don't have any of the Chinese Schicks to compare with. The store I was in had lots of them for about $7 for 10 blades.
[Image: 4903601611216.jpg?_ex=330x330]

0 912
 04-01-2014, 02:10 PM
User Info
Thanks guys. Think ill try Schick first

6 589