06-06-2015, 11:59 AM
User Info
Good article. I have three . Two of your straight horse and your Lord Randall mixed with badger.

0 5
 11-10-2015, 06:36 PM
User Info
Just received 3 more Vie-Long horse hair brushes.
From left Badger & Horse, Horse, Badger & Horse. Now I have 4 Vie-Long brushes.
[Image: ROsRBin.jpg]

0 264
 01-16-2016, 09:01 PM
User Info
The Epsilon line of brushes has me thinking about adding horse hair back into my shave den.  I think the handles on the Epsilon, the butterscotch in particular, are the nicest Vie Long has offered in horse hair.

37 3,273
 01-17-2016, 10:11 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
How have I missed this thread? Oscar, I had the pleasure of riding an Andalusian and it's lesser known brothers the Lusitano and Spanish Barb.
Horse hair gets it's color by the arrangement of the cells and how they refract light. But as Oscar stated there is no mechanical difference except the softer mane hair and stiffer tail. I think objection to any 'smell' is cultural and a sorry sign of our estrangement from nature. I find the tailpipe of a garbage truck or the crematorium vents of a fast food outlet a lot more repugnant. but then I may claim the title horseman and like the smell. I have
posted in the past about a equine shampoo called MANE AND TAIL. If you utterly cannot handle the smell buy a bottle and GENTLY wash your brush.
You can use the shampoo on yourself too. It is such a popular product Beauty salons often buy it out from tack stores.
Horsehair was in fact THE brush material before a WW1 pandemic caused a panic and all the brushes were destroyed on rumour it was equine spread.
We did the same thing in depression era California when KALE was linked to a salmonella outbreak ( it was chickens) and it vanished from stores until the health food people revived it with help from Dc Oz. I would rather use a horsehair brush than eat kale.
My pet brush is a Vie Long Beehive Badger. I think I know what my much needed third brush will be.

2 3,171
 01-17-2016, 01:26 PM
User Info
Haven't rode a horse, not used one yet.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

1 1,975
 01-17-2016, 01:37 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
You missed out then while in L.A. I used to ride with the L.A. Black Horseman's Association and met a actor/ singer by name of THE BRONZE BUCCAROO. He enjoyed my stories until I tried singing DRIFTING ALONG WITH THE TUMBLING TUMBLEWEEDSand gave me a look of extreme discomfort.

2 3,171
 01-17-2016, 08:28 PM
User Info
(01-17-2016, 01:37 PM)kav Wrote: You missed out then while in L.A. I used to ride with the L.A. Black Horseman's Association and met a actor/ singer by name of THE BRONZE BUCCAROO. He enjoyed my stories until I tried singing DRIFTING ALONG WITH THE TUMBLING TUMBLEWEEDSand gave me a look of extreme discomfort.
LMBO! Kav, who wouldn't? You can't sing that too a gentleman! Lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

1 1,975
 02-13-2016, 04:41 PM
  • Waffen
  • Santa Rosa, CA
User Info
Thank you for the article, I am buying one of your brushes with a red handle from Amazon it looks beautiful

0 40
 02-13-2016, 05:10 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Phil  created this website for our pleasure and generously lets fellow dealers advertise. I see people announce they are buying from AMAZON and try to remember what that controversial company has done to promote wetshaving.

2 3,171
 04-09-2016, 02:23 PM
User Info
Thank you for the great article Oscar, and thanks to you too Phil. I have just placed my second order at BullGoose this afternoon for your Vie-Long 13061M and looking forward to it's arrival.

0 52
 05-19-2016, 04:34 AM
User Info
I ordered one of these brushes recently and can not wait to put it to use

0 3
 06-27-2016, 08:54 AM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
I love my Vie-Long Cachurro brush!  One of my best (if not theee best) Horse hair brush I own.. and gorgeous too.

98 267