04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
User Info
Went out for a drive to Home Depot today. The sun was shining bright, the ice cream stands are opening (yes, they close for the winter here), the windows were rolled down, Van Morrison on the radio (And it stoned me).

There's still a lot of snow on the ground, but the youth (my older daughter included) are already out in their shorts. It's actually pleasant as long as you're in the sun.

Yes, Spring is definitely here.Smile

Doesn't mean we won't get another snowstorm, though. Biggrin

37 1,743
 04-02-2014, 12:00 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I enjoyed our day of spring the other day. Next three days they are calling for rain, sleet, and snow. I am so looking forward to May.

175 23,752
 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I got my first sign of spring 2 days ago when I stepped out of my car and was dive bombed by several wasps. Angry
I have no idea why, but they've always been attracted to me. If there is a wasp/hornet within 50 yards it will find me.
I average about a dozen stings per year, it must be something in my sweat.

I was actually hoping the much colder winter killed a lot of them off...guess not. Dodgy

31 1,510
 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Yohann! I hope it comes earlier than later. Biggrin

82 21,056
 04-02-2014, 06:12 PM
User Info
My first sign of spring is itchy, watery eyes and what feels like a sinus infection. Allergies are no fun. Weather is great though!

6 84
 04-03-2014, 03:06 AM
User Info
Our older daughter is exhibiting one of the first signs of spring, the spring flu! It's nice enough that you're finally ready to shed those winter clothes but then you get too bold!

Otherwise after this long tough winter it's nice to see the snow melt and not need a heavy overcoat.

- Josh -

84 1,505
 04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Down here in New Orleans my garden is in and I'm waiting for the 1st tomato blossoms. I'm about to harvest a ton of turnips and greens in a week or 2. YUMMY... It's still oddly quite mild down here. Mid 60's on average. In mid April we usually start with 80 degree plus days getting ready for for the 95's with 100% humidity. THAT I HATE....

5 1,151