04-04-2014, 02:13 PM
User Info
TGIF -- first and foremost.

I was one of the fortunate winners of the: Beer Soap Brewing Company PIF.
(http://shavenook.com/thread-beer-soap-br...pif-closed)

First of all, thank you for offering such a PIF! Very kind and generous of you! I received one full puck and a sample as well.

Though I may not be the most educated or experienced member here at TSN, I do own over 30 shaving soaps. I'd like to think I know a thing or two about them and so here is my take on the first shave with BSBC's Bergamont and Patchouli.

Let me start by saying, I do not have a developed sense of smell nor do I typically place any importance on it. HOWEVER, this is a profoundly intoxicating soap! I am not one to boast about a soap's scent but holy moley! Upon opening the package, the air filled with the aroma of "barbershop" but a bit more complex. it. After molding it into an old wooden bowl and letting it soak, the scent seemed to change. Now, it has a nice buttery overtone to it - I imagine that's the beer! Biggrin I just want to keep on snicking my nose in the container - I love it. The Lavender Sample smells GREAT too. It's sitting on my desk and I can't resist taking a whiff every few minutes as I write this.

Performance-wise, it's very easy to lather, remained stable with a lot water, and slick. The lather remained dense and creamy without getting overly voluminous. Zero irritation on my neckline, which has been an issue recently. Proper skin protection, too! My skin feels smooth and moisturized - combined with the helping hand of Floid Blue. The big test will be my head shave tomorrow morning Smile.

Anyways, I just got out of work and beat. Sorry for the lack of pictures and this poorly written review. Beer Soap Brew Company deserves better!! This is one artisan worth checking out not only due to it's products but awesome customer service.

Thank you Kevin!
Bryan

12 715
 04-04-2014, 06:10 PM
User Info
Thanks for the quick review, Bryan and good luck with the head-shave, tomorrow! Biggrin

83 21,077
 07-12-2014, 06:10 PM
User Info
Quick follow-up guys. I finished the entire puck of BSBC and am very satisfied. To be perfectly honest, I preferred it over AOS Tallow! I miss it already and plan to re-order another puck in the future - once I've killed a few more out of my collection.

Once I realized how thirsty and stable this soap was with lots of water, I fell in love. I preferred using this soap with a lather that was almost soupy in consistency. Super slick, smelled great, and lasted a whole month (just as long as my AOS tallow did). I am a headshaver and therefore plow through pucks like it's my job.

Again, check them out! Kevin is a great guy and his product is wonderful.

12 715