04-04-2014, 09:28 PM
  • Utah-Man
  • Happy Fatboy user
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
User Info
I'm sure many of you have the same affliction as I - I need to trim my ear, brow, and nose hair or else I look unpresentable.

What type of trimmer do you all recommend for this? Scissors, electric, or (heaven forbid) a blade.

0 52
 04-04-2014, 10:12 PM
User Info
I have an Andis clipper and trimmer kit. My wife uses them to buzz-cut the hair on my head, and I use the trimmer to get the hair on the outside of my ears.
[Image: 6ooLkTE.jpg]

Then I use a Norelco nose and ear trimmer to finish the inside of my ears and to get the hair in my nostrils.
[Image: P7JHEIb.jpg]

These can be found at Amazon and elsewhere.

206 12,189
 04-05-2014, 05:06 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
[Image: ZPKU7j2.jpg]

Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose & Ear Hair Trimmer

This has worked well for me. Great quality Stainless Steel. Requires both hands, comes apart for cleaning (not sure if thats necessary tho). I have seen an identical unit under the Dovo name called the Klippette. Should be less than $20.00.

Ed

59 4,386
 05-13-2014, 08:03 PM
User Info
I agree a great product

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 67
 05-17-2014, 10:18 AM
  • Notary
  • Montreal, Quebec
User Info
Hello there,

I use a cheap WAHL nose trimmer. I had a more expensive Norelco, which I misplaced while on vacation and replaced it with the WAHL; which as I said works equally as well as the more expensive models.

Eyebrows, I do not touch them on my own. I recommend going to a professional, either a barber or esthetician, if you don't want to grow mustaches over your eyes.

As far as ear hair is concerned, I manage those on my own. I do not trim them, I pluck them on a bi-daily basis. In that way they never grow so much as to be noticeable and are always easy to manage.

Whatever road you choose, there is nothing worse than a man un-kept, for example: uncontrollable hair growing out of the ear or nose orifices, rearing its head like a cobra ready to strike.

Happy Shaving.

Sam

0 108
 05-17-2014, 10:54 AM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
I picked up a cheap Wahl MicroGroomsman for under $10. Can trim nose hair, trim hairline fr sideburns or around ears etc and also an attachment to trim eyebrows to uniform length. So basically it is the size of a long sharpie marker and comes with 3 attachments and cost under $10. While im sure it is not the best, it works very well for my needs. I grabbed it at Walgreens. It takes one AAA battery (which it comes with a AAA lithium). I have had it for several months, still the same battery it came with.

9 429
 05-23-2014, 10:19 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(05-17-2014, 10:54 AM)W.S.O. Wrote: I picked up a cheap Wahl MicroGroomsman for under $10. Can trim nose hair, trim hairline fr sideburns or around ears etc and also an attachment to trim eyebrows to uniform length. So basically it is the size of a long sharpie marker and comes with 3 attachments and cost under $10. While im sure it is not the best, it works very well for my needs. I grabbed it at Walgreens. It takes one AAA battery (which it comes with a AAA lithium). I have had it for several months, still the same battery it came with.

+1 I use mine regularly. It's great for eyebrows. I just hate the fact that at a certain age you start having hair growing where it doesn't belong.

38 5,032
 05-24-2014, 12:18 AM
User Info
(04-05-2014, 05:06 AM)eengler Wrote: [Image: ZPKU7j2.jpg]

Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose & Ear Hair Trimmer

This has worked well for me. Great quality Stainless Steel. Requires both hands, comes apart for cleaning (not sure if thats necessary tho). I have seen an identical unit under the Dovo name called the Klippette. Should be less than $20.00.

Ed

I just found out about this and want one. It really works well hey? I've got a beard trimmer with small nose attachment but I can't use it, it tickles too much. The crazy amount of vibration immediately makes my eyes water and me sneeze.

(05-17-2014, 10:18 AM)Notary Wrote: Whatever road you choose, there is nothing worse than a man un-kept, for example: uncontrollable hair growing out of the ear or nose orifices, rearing its head like a cobra ready to strike.

Apparently that's not the case for some (see manscaping thread). Biggrin

12 848
 05-24-2014, 07:00 AM
User Info
The Groom Mate works great! I've had one for several years and it's nonsense and no-fuss.

- Josh -

84 1,505
 05-31-2014, 05:37 AM
User Info
I use a Remington trimmer with duel heads (round & flat) which works great for nose,ear,etc. Very inexpensive purchase at Walmart. Runs on one AA battery which lasts a long time.

119 13,017
 05-31-2014, 05:45 AM
User Info
I use a Norelco trimmer to trim my moustache, eyebrows, ear, etc. I use a small pair of scissors for the nose. It has a rechargeable battery and was purchased at Wally World.

30 1,745
 05-31-2014, 06:24 AM
User Info
I have a Norelco sideburn/mustache trimmer that has a nose/ear hair trimmer attachment as well. Not the best for nose/ear use but great if I ever grow my mustache again.

I intend to pick up the Groom Mate. I like that it does not require either electric nor batteries to operate. Although I don't have a problem, I don't like that it requires both hands. Should I develop arthritis, etc that would be a problem.

6 358
 06-01-2014, 03:57 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I grabbed a Wahl Micro GroomsMan yesterday. It gets the job done, both ears and nose.

$10 at the H.E.B. (grocery store).

4 2,693
 10-16-2014, 12:13 PM
User Info
I am kind of ashamed to admit this. But, i have two nose hair trimmers.

I have one which I keep for travel, which never leaves my luggage. This one is the Groom Mate Platinum. It is small, sturdy, and doesn't need an batteries. It does a decent job, but to be honest it can be kind of slow and awkward to use.

The next one I have is a batter powered Panasonic trimmer. It trims really quickly and efficiently-- but is kind of on the large side for travel. Also, it doesnt seem that well made.

this site has a pretty good collection of nose hair trimmers

http://nose-hair-trimmers.net/best-trimmers/

0 2
 10-16-2014, 12:40 PM
User Info
I use tweezers for the ears, the nose is a Phillips Norelco.

0 1,007
 10-16-2014, 01:21 PM
User Info
I'm the sort of neanderthal that rips out nose and ear hair with my fingertips; works amazingly well for me. If I trim my nose hair, the trimmed shaft is so itchy it's unbearable.
My wife the beautician waxes my eyebrows about once a month.

37 404
 10-16-2014, 02:27 PM
User Info
(10-16-2014, 01:21 PM)emcphers Wrote: I'm the sort of neanderthal that rips out nose and ear hair with my fingertips; works amazingly well for me. If I trim my nose hair, the trimmed shaft is so itchy it's unbearable.

how do you get a grip on those little buggers?

0 2
 10-16-2014, 02:42 PM
User Info
(10-16-2014, 02:27 PM)seanaherne142 Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 01:21 PM)emcphers Wrote: I'm the sort of neanderthal that rips out nose and ear hair with my fingertips; works amazingly well for me. If I trim my nose hair, the trimmed shaft is so itchy it's unbearable.

how do you get a grip on those little buggers?

You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya?

Practice.

37 404
 10-17-2014, 01:26 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Phil sells the Platinum Trimmer- WinkWink

2 3,171
 10-17-2014, 02:05 PM
User Info
(10-16-2014, 01:21 PM)emcphers Wrote: My wife the beautician waxes my eyebrows about once a month.

My that sounds interesting! I have never had that done! Biggrin

82 21,056