04-05-2014, 02:18 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
I've been looking at the I Coloniali Hydro-Repairing Aftershave Balm and wondered if anyone who has used it is able to compare it against the I Coloniali Rhubarb-based AS Milk?

I've read in the product description that the Hydro-Repairing ASB contains Peppermint Oil so I'm guessing that it has something of a menthol kick to it?

Any thoughts or comments on this ASB would be gratefully received. Smile

33 659
 04-05-2014, 04:37 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
The folks at Merz in Chicago say it's great. I have the AS Milk, which is very good. However, the iColoniali Pre-Post Balm is the best by a wide margin for any serious repair needed. As an example, I had a suit and tie on from 6 am until 10 pm yesterday. My shirt collar was chafing the last 3 hours. I put the Pre-Post Facial Balm on overnight, and felt immediate relief. This morning I shaved with my least aggressive (yet effective) 47 Aristocrat. No burning nor irritation. Got into the suit/tie at 730 am to 4 pm today, came home, and had no irritation. Put some of the Pre-Post balm on for tonight

19 742
 04-05-2014, 10:48 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
Thanks for the reply mate.

I've got some Pre/Post on the way along with some of the soap and cream.

The Pre/Post sounds awesome. Does it smell the same as the AS Milk?

I like the performance of the Milk but can't quite make my mind up if I like the Chocolate scent or not. Smile

33 659
 04-06-2014, 04:24 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
The Pre-Post has its own unique aroma. The ASB seems more like their shave soap-simliar to church incense. The Pre-Post reminds me of a lighter vintage Aramais Devin. My wife really likes the scent of the Pre-Post

19 742
 04-11-2014, 01:07 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
I had some pre-post delivered today along with some Mango-oil soap.

I wasn't expecting it to smell of alcohol in the way it does nor for it to have as much of of 'menthol kick' as it has. I did, though, much like the soap, find it to be a pleasant experience in overall use.

It's certainly a product I can see me using as an ASB quite often. Smile

33 659
 04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I prefer the Healing Balm to the Rhubarb one. I like the way it makes my skin feel and I like the scent better. That is just my opinion. But as others have stated, my favorite is the Mango Balm. All their products are very good.

178 23,808