04-07-2014, 04:48 PM
User Info
Is anyone here fluent in both English and French (France French, not Quebec French)? I have not heard back from a company I wrote to in France (non shaving related) and I am thinking they got my e-mail in English, looked at it and said "pffft silly american thinking we will read anything in english" and then it was trashed.

I'm looking for someone who can translate a short paragraph for me as opposed to using Google translate which while can get the meaning across may not end up with a perfect translation and cause the company to go "pffft, silly american thinking we will read something run through google translate" and then trash it.

129 6,685
 04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
User Info
Doug, I know we have a few true French speakers here whose English might be better than my French, but I could offer to help as I still think I am fluent in both languages.
I know that Jeff (JAYDEE) lives in Montreal and is fluent.
Let me know if you need my help. Smile

82 21,056
 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM
User Info
The more I think about this, the less I feel like bending over to try to get a response. The site sells high end leather cases for tablets. They have a single case for mine which ships within 24 hours (as in they keep them stocked) standard black with a dark gray interior. They have a number of custom leathers at much higher prices. Usually they include the PANATONE number with the color description so you know exactly what color you are getting. For the one I really like, it is described as Noir (black) but the picture is more of a silvery gray. Very stunning look as it is thinly weaved leather.

I sent an e-mail last week asking if the color is a true black or the color pictured.

For the extra €40 the custom leather costs, they can return an e-mail written in English, or at least run it through Google Translate. They use a .com address, not a co.fr address, so their sales group should expect inquiries in English.

Tomorrow afternoon I will order. Wonder if they want ~€70 or €108.

129 6,685
 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
User Info
Doug, how did you phrase the message?

82 21,056
 04-08-2014, 08:37 PM
User Info
I will look in my sent folder and PM you. Even if it was misunderstood a reply for clarification would be in order.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

129 6,685