04-07-2014, 05:13 PM
User Info
Gents, this is a stellar product. Rather than re-type, I'm just going to paste what I sent to Will directly. I cannot recommend this stuff enough.

I have to say, with no negativity meant towards your soaps, this splash it THE product to buy from you guys. Beyond stellar. You coined it perfect, "A splash for balm guys". I have a lot of splashes and love them all, but even the great ones are either too drying or tightening on my face to use solo. I always follow up w/ a balm afterwards. With your splash, I don't have that need. Which is beyond wonderful, especially for summer months when even the lightest balms feel too heavy. Well done! I would buy a gallon size of this if you made it Wink

3 254
 04-07-2014, 05:34 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Great to hear, thanks for sharing! A good candidate for my next B&M order Biggrin

34 1,628
 04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
User Info
I'm glad to hear that you like it! As I said in the email I sent back to you (just now), I consider Kyovu to be my great masterpiece. I'm also extremely proud of the fact that the Cheshire version (which contains no fragrance oils) scores a perfect 0 in the Environmental Working Group's SkinDeep database. I did a lot of research and development looking for safe ingredients that would do the job (which was particularly difficult with the emulsifier) and I'm ecstatic that it works so well for you!

I'm also working on an alcohol-based splash that will be somewhat less expensive (and also a bit less complicated). That's shaping up to be something pretty serious too! As a minor aside, to anyone reading this thread, if you use alcohol-based splashes, do you prefer more burn or less?

Thanks again!

5 407
 04-07-2014, 06:07 PM
User Info
If I am using an alcohol splash I expect burn Smile

3 254
 04-11-2014, 10:39 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I am indeed someone who enjoys to use alcohol splash(medium burn), but almost always follows up w/balm, especially in the colds months. This is something I have to check out! Thanks for the heads up.

4 794
 04-11-2014, 05:54 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Emmmm, a splash that acts like a balm. Very interesting. I will check this out as I am a big balm user.

178 23,809
 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM
User Info
(04-11-2014, 05:54 PM)Johnny Wrote: Emmmm, a splash that acts like a balm. Very interesting. I will check this out as I am a big balm user.

There's a Bay Rum version too. Biggrin

5 407
 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM
User Info
(04-11-2014, 05:54 PM)Johnny Wrote: Emmmm, a splash that acts like a balm. Very interesting. I will check this out as I am a big balm user.

It will not disappoint

3 254
 04-11-2014, 07:09 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Don't particularly want bay rum, so which scent would you folks recommend.

178 23,809
 04-11-2014, 07:10 PM
User Info
(04-11-2014, 07:09 PM)Johnny Wrote: Don't particularly want bay rum, so which scent would you folks recommend.

The original is awesome

3 254
 04-11-2014, 07:43 PM
User Info
(04-11-2014, 06:47 PM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote: There's a Bay Rum version too. Biggrin

Got my attention. Call me Bay Ron.

29 1,776
 04-12-2014, 06:42 AM
User Info
(04-11-2014, 07:09 PM)Johnny Wrote: Don't particularly want bay rum, so which scent would you folks recommend.

Cheshire is my personal favorite, but everyone is different. Do you like Earl Grey tea?

5 407
 04-12-2014, 04:09 PM
User Info
(04-11-2014, 07:43 PM)rsp1202 Wrote: Got my attention. Call me Bay Ron.

I've reviewed the bay rum in the reviews section and I love it. It has a nice antiseptic sting to it but doesn't harm the face like an alcohol-based splash would do. While Kramperts is my favorite BR scent, this one is very nice too, more tropical-ish. It has decent longevity scent wise.

- Josh -

84 1,505
 04-12-2014, 04:13 PM
User Info
(04-12-2014, 04:09 PM)jpakstis Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 07:43 PM)rsp1202 Wrote: Got my attention. Call me Bay Ron.

I've reviewed the bay rum in the reviews section and I love it. It has a nice antiseptic sting to it but doesn't harm the face like an alcohol-based splash would do. While Kramperts is my favorite BR scent, this one is very nice too, more tropical-ish. It has decent longevity scent wise.

- Josh -

It's probably the orange oil. Brian could definitely answer better (though I'm not sure he would), but I don't believe KF contains citrus.

5 407
 04-13-2014, 07:06 PM
User Info
I keep using it almost every day. I think this is my "deserted island can only bring one aftershave" pick.

3 254
 04-21-2014, 07:07 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Was able to get my hands on the travel sized versions of both Kyovu versions of Cheshire and Bay Rum and I'm very impressed and I didn't have much expectation but knew it had to be something very much needed to be tried in the exchanges with Will.

I'm blown away, first off it looks like a liquid, the bay rum looks like it needs to be shaken as it looks like something settles in the travel vial while the cheshire is clear. I prefer alcohol splashes and I have to say that this gives it a run for the experience. Both scents are able to linger which is nice and only really pick it up when I turn my head but only faintly. The skin feel is very light and calming and doesn't feel oily on my skin which is what I prefer most. It looks and feels like a liquid in your hands but really feels like a very light balm when you put it on as mentioned above. So far in the cooler weeks we've had its a perfect fit but as it gets warmer now I think it will fit in as well as the face feel is light and awakening the senses

Of the 2 scents if I had to pick I like the Cheshire scent profile, never having a Bay Rum before its not bad but I sort of attribute something almost food like in smell Tongue but that's just me.

If Will managed this for a non-alcohol splash I can't wait for the alcohol variant as he's an incredible creator who really is engaging when you reach out to him!

for the record, I like a mild/medium burn

35 1,329
 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM
User Info
(04-21-2014, 07:07 AM)refles Wrote: Was able to get my hands on the travel sized versions of both Kyovu versions of Cheshire and Bay Rum and I'm very impressed and I didn't have much expectation but knew it had to be something very much needed to be tried in the exchanges with Will.

I'm blown away, first off it looks like a liquid, the bay rum looks like it needs to be shaken as it looks like something settles in the travel vial while the cheshire is clear. I prefer alcohol splashes and I have to say that this gives it a run for the experience. Both scents are able to linger which is nice and only really pick it up when I turn my head but only faintly. The skin feel is very light and calming and doesn't feel oily on my skin which is what I prefer most. It looks and feels like a liquid in your hands but really feels like a very light balm when you put it on as mentioned above. So far in the cooler weeks we've had its a perfect fit but as it gets warmer now I think it will fit in as well as the face feel is light and awakening the senses

Of the 2 scents if I had to pick I like the Cheshire scent profile, never having a Bay Rum before its not bad but I sort of attribute something almost food like in smell Tongue but that's just me.

If Will managed this for a non-alcohol splash I can't wait for the alcohol variant as he's an incredible creator who really is engaging when you reach out to him!

for the record, I like a mild/medium burn

The Seville is stellar Smile

3 254
 04-22-2014, 01:15 AM
User Info
I am really intrigued by this but I can't really justify $23 for 4oz bottle of artisinal a/s.

I am using Stirling's a/s splash (also no alcohol) and the equivalent 4oz/100ml is $5.

I know you can't really compare products across brands but it is a very significant price difference for two non-alcoholic, with hazel and aloe based splashes.

Have anyone tried both products and can tell if the 400%+ difference is justified?

0 338
 04-22-2014, 06:21 AM
User Info
[typo]

(04-22-2014, 01:15 AM)Darkbulb Wrote: I am really intrigued by this but I can't really justify $23 for 4oz bottle of artisinal a/s.

I am using Stirling's a/s splash (also no alcohol) and the equivalent 4oz/100ml is $5.

I know you can't really compare products across brands but it is a very significant price difference for two non-alcoholic, with hazel and aloe based splashes.

Have anyone tried both products and can tell if the 400%+ difference is justified?

I have both products.

Stirling is a fantastic splash. I view it as a nicely scented witch hazel splash. Like Thayers on steroids. I follow use of this splash with a balm.

Kyovu is a whole different animal. It performs like a high end balm, but goes on like a splash. I do not use a separate balm after using it.

Can't tell you if it's worth the extra price to you, but it's worth the price to me.

if we had to "justify" each price delta above a low cost performer then we would all be shaving with Palmolive sticks Smile

3 254
 04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
User Info
Kyovu is a new found treasure for me. There are precious few products I try and immediately promise myself to never be without again. B&M Seville soap and original Kyovu are in that category for me. My absolute #1 top spot M-F clean smelling, perfectly shaved feeling combo so I can take on the workday setup. My complexion has really benefitted in an appreciable way.

I just ordered the bay rum as well. Seems fitting for the summer.

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

3 19