04-09-2014, 01:12 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
vintage blade acquisition disorder. Does anyone else have it? If so, which ones do you have? So far, I have multiple packs, cards, dispensers of
Gillette Blue Blades (carbon)
Gillette Super Blue Blades (carbon)
Gillette Thins (carbon)
Gillette Super Stainless (The Spoiler)
Gillette Platinum Plus
Schick Thins with Krona Edge (carbon)
Schick Plus Platinums
Schick Super Stainless Steel Krona Comfort Edge
Schick Krona-Chrome
Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge
Personna Ultra-Chrome
Personna 74
Fan (carbon)
I've used all of them and found every one to be from very good to great. All made in England, or Canada, or the U.S.
I need to put my foot on the brakes.....I've got about as many different makes of current blades as well....Rolleyes

7 2,279
 04-09-2014, 01:23 PM
User Info
I have pretty much focused on accumulating Wilkinson Light Brigades. I have 862 of them, as well about 75 various other vintage Wilkinsons (Falcons, London Bridges, Sword Masters, Swords). I have around 60 vintage blades of other brands, but I am trying to get them used them up.

206 12,188
 04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
(04-09-2014, 01:23 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I have pretty much focused on accumulating Wilkinson Light Brigades. I have 862 of them, as well about 75 various other vintage Wilkinsons (Falcons, London Bridges, Sword Masters, Swords). I have around 60 vintage blades of other brands, but I am trying to get them used them up.
Based on your recommendation of them in the past here I've had my eye out for the Light Brigades myself but I haven't been able to acquire any. It's one of my "Followed Searches" on ebay. My only experience with vintage Wilkinsons so far has been the Super Swords and they are great.

7 2,279
 04-09-2014, 06:09 PM
User Info
A little over 1,000 Spoilers, 74s, and various Schick stainless varieties. Will never use them all but still buy occasionally when the price is right.

0 15
 04-09-2014, 06:40 PM
User Info
I had quite a few vintage Wilkinson Swords and they were nice, but I didn't find them to be that superior to the Super Iridiums I use, exclusively, now and they were much more expensive.
I haven't found a blade as smooth, sharp and long lasting for the price as the SIs.

82 21,056
 04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
(04-09-2014, 06:40 PM)celestino Wrote: I had quite a few vintage Wilkinson Swords and they were nice, but I didn't find them to be that superior to the Super Iridiums I use, exclusively, now and they were much more expensive.
I haven't found a blade as smooth, sharp and long lasting for the price as the SIs.
Just recently the price for Personna 74s has spiked, but considering I get three or four shaves from SI's and close to thirty from the 74s,and the fact that they shave me at least as close and as comfortable as the Si's they are more than worth it.

7 2,279
 04-10-2014, 10:21 PM
User Info
I'm definitely afflicted Blush

5 90
 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM
User Info
That's one AD that I don't have...Thank God Angel Cool Angel

8 159