04-12-2014, 04:43 AM
User Info
Hey every one new to the "Shavenook forum", this is a first post for me so here it goes,recently I found a decent Gem OCMM on eBay that I have not used yet so my question is, is their a best or certain length of face stubble that this razor works best at i don't see this question ever come up in any post so i was curious about it ?????

I'm more of a 2 or 3 day rough stubble shaver then an every day shaver myself so i was curious since this razor has the Open Comb on the razor

Thank you for any and all replies back !!!

0 8
 04-12-2014, 05:43 AM
User Info
Welcome to TSN! I think the OCMM will work great for you on 2-3 day stubble. I almost always shave everyday, but have used the OCMM on 2-3 day growth and it's wonderful, close shave.

47 1,270
 04-12-2014, 06:52 AM
User Info
Like Tom, I try to shave every day. But I see no reason it won't work great with a few days of stubble.

Is this your first SE razor? The reason I ask is if it is and you're disappointed with your results you might want to use a milder razor. The OCMM is not a good starter razor. One needs a bit of experience to be able to handle it's ruthless efficiency. But it may be just the thing for you.

Let us know how you make out.

32 6,445
 04-12-2014, 07:55 AM
User Info
(04-12-2014, 06:52 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Like Tom, I try to shave every day. But I see no reason it won't work great with a few days of stubble.

Is this your first SE razor? The reason I ask is if it is and you're disappointed with your results you might want to use a milder razor. The OCMM is not a good starter razor. One needs a bit of experience to be able to handle it's ruthless efficiency. But it may be just the thing for you.

Let us know how you make out.
Well said, Brian. I recommend shaving WTG until you get used to it; it won't take long.

0 67
 04-12-2014, 08:21 AM
User Info
Well i am new to wet shaving and i really have been enjoying the brush and soap instead of the can foam a lot better and i have been using the Gem featherweight like my dad use to use with good results with it so far. Last week i ran across the ocmm on eBay in good shape for a 10 dollar buy now so i sent for it, i just have not tried it out yet but when i do i will take my time with it and been using treet super blades and Proraso red tube Sandalwood shave cream and proraso green tea and oatmeal shave soap nice stuff and a WSP boar bristle high density shave brush they been working really good for me so far.

0 8
 04-12-2014, 09:22 AM
User Info
It is an aggressive razor with such a wide gap that the edge gets a lot of skin contact. In my opinion, you might as well shave with a straight razor (which i do because you get more control on the angle and the edge is much mire forgiving.

It looks cool and many love it. I prefer the other two micromatic models.

6 808
 04-12-2014, 02:07 PM
User Info
(04-12-2014, 08:21 AM)shoebooty Wrote: Well i am new to wet shaving and i really have been enjoying the brush and soap instead of the can foam a lot better and i have been using the Gem featherweight like my dad use to use with good results with it so far. Last week i ran across the ocmm on eBay in good shape for a 10 dollar buy now so i sent for it, i just have not tried it out yet but when i do i will take my time with it and been using treet super blades and Proraso red tube Sandalwood shave cream and proraso green tea and oatmeal shave soap nice stuff and a WSP boar bristle high density shave brush they been working really good for me so far.

Just be aware that there is a huge difference between the aggressive nature of a Featherweight and the OCMM. It requires close to perfect technique. You might also do as I do, use a blade in a milder razor for a few days (the Featherweight in your case) then after it gets really good, move it into the OCMM. The razors are polar opposites in aggression.

32 6,445
 04-13-2014, 08:50 AM
User Info
Well had the first experience with the OCMM and it was not bad but it was not good either, had a few nicks on the neck not to bad but will not give up either just need to be more aware and im sure I will get a better shave as i become more in tune with the OCMM razor and more experience with it under my belt with time and Patience .... Thanks for all the input on the OCMM from the replies .....

0 8