04-12-2014, 05:39 PM
User Info
I would like to get a face moisturiser.. I'm turning 36 soon and.. well, that kind of thing starts becoming relevant :/

Looked/browsed at various products, but was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Myrsol a Emulsion would serve as a complete moisturiser for the entire face? Cool bottle, generous quantity, good price etc.

Or do I need something more clinically accredited?

Thanks.

1 182
 04-12-2014, 07:16 PM
User Info
I have heard some good things about Myrsol, but I have never tried it. Another option might be unrefined shea butter. I haven't worried about wrinkles since I started using it, 14 years ago! Biggrin

82 21,056
 04-12-2014, 11:34 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(04-12-2014, 07:16 PM)celestino Wrote: I have heard some good things about Myrsol, but I have never tried it. Another option might be unrefined shea butter. I haven't worried about wrinkles since I started using it, 14 years ago! Biggrin

This has been very true with me as well. Aging isn't something I used to think about not too long ago Sad, but a few years ago, I have started noticing some wrinkles particularly around my eyes. I have been using unrefined shea butter for a while now, and I can say it has made a significant difference in those wrinkles...they are no longer noticeable at all. While I have experienced many of the great qualities of unrefined shea butter, I'll be the first to admit that one of the primary reasons why I keep using it is for its "anti-aging" powers Biggrin

34 1,628
 04-13-2014, 12:31 AM
User Info
i'm sorry to be the partystopper - but there exists no moisturizer that will permanently diminish or erase wrinkles. the best any cream can do is making you look more even and fresh while you use it - like make-up - and that's fine. but to prevent further wrinkles only this will help:

- stay out of unnecessary sunlight
- eat healthy
- drink lots if water

but most important is to enjoy life and avoid unhappiness.

but i love wrinkles and aging and decay - they are glorious inspirations for an artist Biggrin

7 1,624
 04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
User Info
I have a bottle of the emulsion and I really like it. I don't know if it's a better moisturizer than something with shea butter like the IK ASB. I find the IK ASB to be a better moisturizer in general; my face feels really soft and rubbery after using MWF followed by IK ASB.

22 653
 04-13-2014, 04:58 PM
User Info
(04-13-2014, 04:50 PM)Starkicker Wrote: I have a bottle of the emulsion and I really like it. I don't know if it's a better moisturizer than something with shea butter like the IK ASB. I find the IK ASB to be a better moisturizer in general; my face feels really soft and rubbery after using MWF followed by IK ASB.

I was wondering more along the lines of TBS, L'Oreal, No.7, Lab Series etc and the traditional moisturizers. I thought of ME because the bottle/line are great and lots of quantity or content, to use for the entire face though.. What u think?

1 182
 04-13-2014, 05:21 PM
User Info
I don't really have a lot of experience with many of the other moisturizers; truthfully I never really paid any attention to my grooming other than making sure I was clean prior to wetshaving. It kind of snowballed after that.

The only thing I can compare ME to is Institute Karite ASB and Vaseline for Men (lol). ME is good, but I think IK is more nourishing. They both go on easy and dry well (non-greasy). ME has a menthol/cooling kick which is nice at times, but I bought a bunch of OC razors which i'm finding are resulting in aggressive shaves; so the cooling effect after an aggressive shave is a real kick in the shorts.

Don't get me wrong, ME is a great product. A lot of people extoll it's healing properties. I really like it and I reach for it 9 times out 10. But after an aggressive shave or if my skin is really dry or flaking; I go for the IK ASB without hesitation.

Hope that helps.

22 653
 04-13-2014, 05:25 PM
User Info
(04-13-2014, 05:21 PM)Starkicker Wrote: I don't really have a lot of experience with many of the other moisturizers; truthfully I never really paid any attention to my grooming other than making sure I was clean prior to wetshaving. It kind of snowballed after that.

The only thing I can compare ME to is Institute Karite ASB and Vaseline for Men (lol). ME is good, but I think IK is more nourishing. They both go on easy and dry well (non-greasy). ME has a menthol/cooling kick which is nice at times, but I bought a bunch of OC razors which i'm finding are resulting in aggressive shaves; so the cooling effect after an aggressive shave is a real kick in the shorts.

Don't get me wrong, ME is a great product. A lot of people extoll it's healing properties. I really like it and I reach for it 9 times out 10. But after an aggressive shave or if my skin is really dry or flaking; I go for the IK ASB without hesitation.

Hope that helps.

That helped tremendously actually Smile thanks. I also have an OC ATT R2 which is aggressive, you're the first one to draw my attention of how a mentholated AS or moisturizer would be with that. I would've assumed the cooling 'kick' would subdue but guess it could also annoy.

Just wondering, what does it smell like? Is it also 'minty' in smell or just a fresh scent?

1 182
 04-13-2014, 06:02 PM
User Info
(04-13-2014, 05:25 PM)ffarouki Wrote: That helped tremendously actually Smile thanks. I also have an OC ATT R2 which is aggressive, you're the first one to draw my attention of how a mentholated AS or moisturizer would be with that. I would've assumed the cooling 'kick' would subdue but guess it could also annoy.

Just wondering, what does it smell like? Is it also 'minty' in smell or just a fresh scent?

Truthfully, I bought it off someone whose wife couldn't get past the scent - she said that it reminded her of tampons; specifically, the deodorizing scent that they must use in tampons, I suppose. Since i've not familiar with tampons in any way, I figured i'd help him out and take it off his hands. To my nose, it smells herbaceous; its not strongly scented but you smell it through out the day. It has a slight camphor-ish smell; similar to B&M Cheshire, without the Earl Grey component. I really like the smell and the balm as a whole and i use it a lot. I find a little goes a long way as well. I've used a bottle for about 5 months and have maybe used 20% of it?

22 653
 04-13-2014, 06:16 PM
  • robk
  • New Jersey
User Info
I love Myrsol Emulsion. Is it effective as a moisturizer? I have no clue, but it does make my skin feel great post-shave.

11 517