04-13-2014, 05:34 AM
User Info
I'm looking to give a couple brushes as gifts. Would the Omega 10077 make a good one? At least in the pics, the translucent handle looks cool...but I've heard they are a bit lightweight? If not this one, does anyone have a recommendation for a starter brush gift? Thanks!

0 6
 04-13-2014, 08:35 AM
User Info
Domino, that's a great task of giving the gift of wetshaving. Hard to go wrong with any Omega, and the one you picked is a popular choice. Yes, the plastic handles feel light compared to other materials, but I've found I personally don't mind as long as the ergonomics are there. I currently own and enjoy the 40033, 20107 and 80075.

I think Stirling sells a better boar and it even happens to cost less. Better knot with softer tips that breaks in faster, and the handle looks and feels a bit more upscale. Here's the link. I personally have the wooden handle boar.

Consider test lathering a brush and letting it dry a few times (particularly boar) before giving it to a new user. It will cut down on the knot funk and give them less break-in to do themselves while they are trying to learn.

47 1,270
 04-17-2014, 01:45 AM
User Info
Yes an Omega would be a lovely gift. I use the 48 &49 break in time is relatively swift too.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 475