04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
Which do you use 3Band or 2Band Which !! by Continent's & Countries which one are you

​Across the spectrum of members from all across the world, in various continents & countries which do members choose. It would be interesting too know how each continent / country vary in their choice of either 3band/2band etc etc.......... Trends or fashion

Three (3) band

Two (2) band

Silvertip

Super

Best

Pure

I myself reside in the U.K and own a modest collection of different manufactures shaving brushes. I do not have a preference between: 3band,2band, S/Tip,Super,Best etc more of a mood thing. As I enjoy them all. (only bowl lather)

However in my own set of rules I tend to stick with 2band for soaps & groaps. And 3band for creams.

What do you guys Buy and Do ???

Charles U.K

0 2,428
 04-13-2014, 10:09 AM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
Hey, Charles...how's it going ?
about (?) 80 % three-band silver or super-silver
about (?) 10 % 2-band (Shavemac D01)
about (?) 10 % premium boar (Semogue)
no pure, best, super.
(edit) forgot to add, only face lather, anymore.
("BeanTown" in my sig. means Boston, Massachusetts USA area)

0 1,291
 04-13-2014, 10:49 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Given a choice I would pick the current Simpsons Manchurian badger over other types of badger knots I have. I face lather nearly exclusively. It will lather any cream/croap/hard soap that I have. The right combination of soft tips with enough backbone for a good face massage without scritch for me.

Bob

0 1,694
 04-13-2014, 03:00 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
To have less overlap between multiple categories that many of my brush are in, I'd like to just consider...
-high quality 3-Band Silvertip, Simpson Best/Super 3-Band, DO1 3-Band and Super Silvertip 3-Band, all under the general and broad "3-Band Silvertip" name...

-Two band hair like Simpson SilverTip, DO1 2-Band, Finest 2-Band, Manchurian, and Super 2-Band, all have the overall 2-Band appearance and I'll lump together as "Two-Bands".

47.4% Silvertip
47.4% 2-Band
4.8% Pure
I'm a proud resident of Northern Westchester, New York U.S.A.

4 794
 04-13-2014, 04:15 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Similar to you...I like to enjoy a diverse spectrum...ultra soft 2-Band, scrubby 2-Band, Manchurian, ultra soft 3 band (HMW), 3 bands from various manufacturers, big knots, small knots, with big and small handle combinations, colors and materials...I like to have "one of each" to cover a wide range of uses and preferences.

I noticed if I'm getting "heavy" on one type of brush, I'll thin out the den and try to bring it back into balance. I was never the type to be a die hard one-type of anything...some days I want an ultra soft and luxurious HMW experience, other days I'll want a scrubby 2 Band, and some days I'll even want to bowl lather a cream, so I'll reach for a bigger handled brush. I love my variety Biggrin

I don't prefer a particular type of brush for soaps and creams...every one I have works for both and I don't have a preference. My selection of the day is primarily determined by mood, but also is a little influenced by what brush I haven't used in a while.

34 1,628
 04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
User Info
Canada, but from Portugal! Biggrin

8 Two-Bands
3 Three-Bands
4 Synthetics

82 21,056
 04-14-2014, 11:47 AM
User Info
I prefer 2-bands by quite a margin. I own maybe 15 3-bands and 35 2-bands

Denmark in Northern Europe