04-15-2014, 11:45 AM
User Info
Hi! Aaaaa We are so happy to announce that we can laser engrave YOUR brush with YOUR name, initials, anniversary or funny nickname. Biggrin

There are several fonts that work best which are:
Arial
Goudy Old Style
Neuropol
Blackadder
Runes
Lucinda
Gallifreyan

and pretty much everything you can imagine - although complicated or curly ones may or may not work - we'll do a sample so you can decide. For example Old English gets smudgy because the fonts are small.

We need a week to ship out as the area engraved must be finished and dried again.

Join the happy Dancing!

0 135
 04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
User Info
FYI - had some technical difficulties with the knot options and the engraving options canceling each other out. So, if you have just stopped by, they are fixed now. Sorry for any confusion.

There are a few brushes that already have their knots in place. Those may be engraved but we cannot change the knot.

The majority of the brushes you can choose the type of knot and also engraving at the same time.

Thanks for your understanding, Kristin

0 135
 04-16-2014, 06:47 AM
User Info
Do you have any pictures of engraved brushes?

Could you do line art?

10 1,858
 04-16-2014, 08:41 AM
User Info
Hey Eric! Yes, I can get the photos asap. It makes much more sense to add them.

Yes, we can do original designs. Most simply, if you can save the drawing from whatever program to an .xps file we can "print it out" on the laser. I almost had to laser one receipt into a board because I couldn't get the ink jet to work. Blush

To keep in mind the drawing, if it is very tightly drawn it will be harder to see very tiny parts and it is on a curved surface. The tighter fonts like old English on a curved surface and less than 1/4" (6.35 mm) tall gets "bleedy" or it doesn't come out as well.

Most simply, we can try a test to see if it works. If we are lasering a fairly straight profile brush we have a lot more room to work with.

If you'd like, email me a drawing/file. You can post it, email me here, email me at the Etsy or my gmail account is Kristin(dot)Lovgren(at)gmail(dot)com.

Truth be told, it is a whole lot of fun to do.

0 135
 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
User Info
Here's one of the engravings: It's a couples initials and their anniversary date. The knot has not bloomed yet, but you all know that already Smile

[Image: OkOz8YI.jpg]

0 135
 05-10-2014, 10:28 AM
User Info
Having a few moments now there are more pictures Smile

[Image: FIDEWxh.jpg] The banner can be changed for any name or type of handle.
[Image: cmGoHXa.jpg]
[Image: hEbBOEc.jpg]
[Image: FDc2YEn.jpg]

Then the flames are pretty whimsical - Next one is going to have more flames and add yellow ones for contrast.
[Image: UNTnoLR.jpg]
[Image: gg1KUf4.jpg]

And for our special friends Gallifreyan handle if you are a Whovian you'll appreciate the "Hello Sweetie" on Top and "Hello I'm the Doctor" on the bottom:
[Image: JxggAO2.jpg][Image: 8Bilssn.jpg]

0 135
 05-10-2014, 11:14 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
What a great idea for a personalize gift!

7 405
 05-10-2014, 03:24 PM
User Info
Thanks!

(05-10-2014, 11:14 AM)krissy Wrote: What a great idea for a personalize gift!

Thought I may not have got back to you, but yes, absolutely. Line art is perfect. If I'm late, accept my apologies.

(04-16-2014, 06:47 AM)Songwind Wrote: Do you have any pictures of engraved brushes?

Could you do line art?

0 135