04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here's another frigid creation from Rod at Stirling Soaps which I highly recommend if you're like me and you love the freeze!

Ease of lathering: 9/10--Lathers up rich and slick easily. Add a bit of extra water - this soap's a bit thirsty.

Longevity of lather: 9/10--Very stable. Rod really worked hard to improve the lather quality.

General skincare: 10/10--Awesome. Bone-chilling cold, but so moisturizing and soothing.

Scent: 8/10--Very strong black licorice scent which mellows out while you shave. Very nice.

Price: 9/10--Rod's soaps are very reasonably-priced.

Would I buy again: 10/10--You can be sure that I will!

As I said in a couple of other threads - at the beginning the original Glacial soap was not easy to lather up, but it's come a long way and after tweeking the formula, Rod was able to improve the lather immensely. There are now 3 versions of this soap and all of them are magnificent. This Obsidian's black licorice scent should not put you off because it doesn't linger after a shave, and you get great lather and skincare, and if you're a menthol lover like I am, you'll be in heaven. This soap's skincare is also hard to beat because it's so good.

3 2,635