04-21-2014, 03:20 AM
User Info
I have a small collection of brushes mainly Badger with a Hog and Synthetic of some sort thrown in for good measure. I have brushes by Bill Jacks, Rod Neep, "Unknown" and of course Simpsons.
But the brush I cannot get my head around is a CH2 in Super. I don't know why but I cannot get this brush to work for me, yet my Nimmer Mill CH2 in Best works a treat? All my other Simpsons are in Best, the only exception is the Q.E. 2. I have other brushes with the same size knot in Silvertip that I find easy to use.
I have tried to love the CH2 Super, but am afraid I have failed.......Sad
So has anyone else had the same problem or am I the odd one out?
Shame, but I think it is going to have to go ...........Undecided
BTW this a serious question as I am perplexed by what is happening.
Opinions below please..........

3 198
 04-21-2014, 03:49 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I concur.

There exists a sweet spot for me in terms of brush characteristics, beyond which optimal performance is diminished.

Sometimes, a brush is just too dense ... CH2 Super is one such example.

102 18,652
 04-21-2014, 08:54 AM
User Info
I have never had any issues with my older Chubby 2 Super knot which is now in a different handle.
It is one of my favourite knots and quite denser than the regular Chubb 2 Supers. It is actually closer to a Chubby 3 knot. It definitely require more product, but not greatly and a bit more work. However, I have not had any issues with it.
Best of luck to you.

83 21,077
 04-21-2014, 08:56 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Maybe...
[Image: argh...toomanybadgers.jpg]

88 4,233
 04-21-2014, 02:00 PM
User Info
I had problems with my CH2 Super when I first got it. I find that the density, combined with the short loft, does not allow for optimal flow. I concluded that it will never be a great brush for bowl lathering. However, it excels at face lathering, if you use enough product.

50 6,089
 04-21-2014, 04:34 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
The Chubby range IMO excels in the grades of Best and Manchurian. I wasn't a huge fan of them in 3 band Super either - a wonderful wall of badger, but not enough flow through for my liking.

99 18,011
 04-21-2014, 06:18 PM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
And 2 Band... I got all three of them... Biggrin
(04-21-2014, 04:34 PM)ben74 Wrote: The Chubby range IMO excels in the grades of Best and Manchurian. I wasn't a huge fan of them in 3 band Super either - a wonderful wall of badger, but not enough flow through for my liking.

37 1,862