05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
User Info
I don't like the idea of "exfoliating" and moisturizing - it's way to metrosexual(queer eye for the straight guy?), but it's become it's to a point where I might have to. My skin is flaking and everytime I put on my aftershaves, I notice dirt and small particles on my hands.

My mouth and chin and upper cheeks especially. Usually I just use hair shampoo to clean my face in the shower, and I do have hard water and lots of it. I guess this is what's causing my skin to dry out so much.

I need recommendations on facial scrubs or washes 4 cheap.

0 128
 05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
User Info
I use the Clinique Face Scrub for men. It has a nice menthol feel to it, and doesn't cost too much. Plus, its fragrance free, so it doesn't get in the way of any creams/soaps/asb/edt that I may be using. If you don't want an exfoliating scrub, you could always get a soap that has cracked pepper or pumice in it...

Of course, you could just go with Lava soap. Can't think of a more manly soap than Lava, and it is just an exfoliating scrub with pumice stone in it...

1 223
 05-10-2012, 12:53 AM
User Info
I don't use an exfoliating product per se, but I do use Cetaphil or Noxema daily for a face wash. Using the tips of your fingers (not finger nails) when you wash your face, will exfoliate your skin too.

9 1,199
 05-10-2012, 02:57 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Neutrogena Razor Defense. Great product, great price, available everywhere. It's got the exfoliation beads in it.

Meant as a pre-shave,(Mantic recommends it on Sharpologist)but works great as a twice a day face wash.

Stop washing with hair shampoo, it's got extra detergents/surfactants/flash foamers. Add in your hard water and you're gonna flake. The flaking/dryness will also make for worse shaves.

Alternatively, if you have a dedicated face wash that you want to use, add a little baking soda in your hands when washing for exfoliating purposes.

6 905
 05-10-2012, 07:55 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the shower each morning. I usually pair it with the rough side of one of those axe/nivea double sided scrubber loofah things to really exfoliate my skin and raise up those hairs which are just starting to peak through my skin.

35 1,732
 05-10-2012, 10:40 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(05-10-2012, 12:53 AM)CyanideMetal Wrote: Using the tips of your fingers (not finger nails) when you wash your face, will exfoliate your skin too.

Damn, that's why I have all those cuts and scratches on my face.Biggrin

173 23,546
 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
User Info
(05-10-2012, 10:40 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 12:53 AM)CyanideMetal Wrote: Using the tips of your fingers (not finger nails) when you wash your face, will exfoliate your skin too.

Damn, that's why I have all those cuts and scratches on my face.Biggrin

That could be ONE reason...Blush

9 1,199
 05-12-2012, 10:26 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I use this (at the direction of SWMBO)...

[attachment=1962]

91 17,854