04-21-2014, 03:54 PM
User Info
I have a question for long-time users of Cella soap. It's next up in my "use it up" rotation (which means I'll be using it almost every day). I don't like the way the red container is so small. I like a dish with a little more space to swirl. My question is this -- will Cella do well in an open dish, if it's being used every day? Moistened almost every day, and used up in 2 or 3 months? Or, since it is somewhat of a soft "croap," will it dry out or degrade? I've got some small rice bowls that work great for my tallow-based soaps.

I've heard tales of spoilage on Cella, but I'm thinking that's more of an issue if it's going to be kept for a year or more. And they sell a Cella brick -- do some Cella brick users put it in an open dish to use?

0 303
 04-21-2014, 04:23 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
I, too, always found the red tub of Cella rather confining for brush-loading, so I scooped it out and put it into a one-cup covered Pyrex bowl. I have always kept my Cella covered and have experienced no spoilage. I have heard of no one actually leaving it uncovered and the company certainly provides no such suggestion. Cella soap is soft and moist enough that I would fear it drying out and losing its efficacy with no lid.

On the other hand, if you left yours uncovered and it did start to dry out, you could probably recognize it in time to cover it back up and save it.

- Murray

4 1,150
 04-24-2014, 10:13 AM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
If used every day - almost every soap is happy in an open container. Indeed I think it's advisable to keep the lid off unless soap won't see use for a while.

17 535
 04-24-2014, 05:50 PM
User Info
I have a old tub of Cella that I use every once and awhile. I just scoop some out with a finger and press it into the bottom of my bowl(Surabachi) and never get the main stash wet.
I think I could see it getting funky if it was to stay wet.

5 410
 04-24-2014, 07:17 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
I might add that I let every shave soap dry out for awhile after the shave before covering it.

- Murray

4 1,150
 04-25-2014, 07:57 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
(04-24-2014, 07:17 PM)CMur12 Wrote: I might add that I let every shave soap dry out for awhile after the shave before covering it.

- Murray

+1
I always do this.

26 4,928
 04-29-2014, 11:14 PM
User Info
I have my brink cut into 10 pieces and stored in the fridge. When I run out I pull out a piece and leave it in my open container. I use it a solid 90% of the time and load it from the bowl, so far no problems but it does loose its scent.

4 146