04-22-2014, 01:56 PM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
The Postie was good today and delivered my new Ikon Bull Dog handle some feather blades and Razor Rock King of the Castle Lime hard soap refill. Yea, couldn't resist and put everything together, lathered up with RR and had at her. What little there was to take off in the way of whiskers after this morning regular shave that combo did with a vengeance. Just to push things I did 4 passes and what a close shave.

The handle was a vast improvement for me giving the razor better balance and making it very much easier to grip and control. That was a win.

The feather blades worked very well but do demand a hyper light touch in use. Not for the ham handed shaver. Yea, very sharp as everyone says but not too harsh for me as some say too. Another win.

This was the first use of a RR soap and that too went very well. It lathered easily and the lather was slick and thick. It has a mild lime scent, not offensive at all, that I found pleasant. Yet another win, 3 outa 3.

The Muhle R41 with a Feather blade and Ikon Bull Dog handle is a good combination if you are looking for a good curl your toes close DE shave. As always YMMV. Sorry no photos of the gear, our ISP is gagging on opening certain sites at present and PhotoBucket is one of them.

Bob

[Image: Bull-Dog_zpsf3df93b4.jpg]

0 1,694
 04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
User Info
(04-22-2014, 01:56 PM)BobH Wrote: The Postie was good today and delivered my new Ikon Bull Dog handle some feather blades and Razor Rock King of the Castle Lime hard soap refill. Yea, couldn't resist and put everything together, lathered up with RR and had at her. What little there was to take off in the way of whiskers after this morning regular shave that combo did with a vengeance. Just to push things I did 4 passes and what a close shave.

The handle was a vast improvement for me giving the razor better balance and making it very much easier to grip and control. That was a win.

The feather blades worked very well but do demand a hyper light touch in use. Not for the ham handed shaver. Yea, very sharp as everyone says but not too harsh for me as some say too. Another win.

This was the first use of a RR soap and that too went very well. It lathered easily and the lather was slick and thick. It has a mild lime scent, not offensive at all, that I found pleasant. Yet another win, 3 outa 3.

The Muhle R41 with a Feather blade and Ikon Bull Dog handle is a good combination if you are looking for a good curl your toes close DE shave. As always YMMV. Sorry no photos of the gear, our ISP is gagging on opening certain sites at present and PhotoBucket is one of them.

Bob

Gotta love delivery days! Makes any day like a holiday.

4 test passes 2nd shave of the day! wow. Shaving

I like shaving so much I'd love to be able to do that... But 3-4 passes once a day is about it.

I also have an R41 on an iKon BD handle. I love the combination.

Thanks for the report, and enjoy that new gear! -David

18 194
 04-23-2014, 12:45 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
[/quote]

Gotta love delivery days! Makes any day like a holiday.

4 test passes 2nd shave of the day! wow. Shaving

I like shaving so much I'd love to be able to do that... But 3-4 passes once a day is about it.

I also have an R41 on an iKon BD handle. I love the combination.

Thanks for the report, and enjoy that new gear! -David
[/quote]

Yea, it is a great combo and will give a straight razor more than a run for it's money. It is a viable alternative to a straight.

Bob

0 1,694
 04-23-2014, 04:09 AM
User Info
That is a great setup you have. I have done almost the exact same thing with great results.

121 13,115
 04-23-2014, 04:41 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(04-23-2014, 04:09 AM)slantman Wrote: That is a great setup you have. I have done almost the exact same thing with great results.

Thanks, I could not believe how much of an improvement adding the BD handle made. I have only had my second shave with the Feather blade and the results are pleasing, talk about a close long lasting shave. The R41 did well with Astra blades but with the Feather the shaves are closer and the last longer.

Bob

0 1,694