05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
User Info
Unique and catchy name for sure.
Anybody here have any experience with this AS splash? Reading some reviews on another forum sounds like it's similar to Floid amber. Haven't tried either one but for $29.99/ 400ml bottle maybe worth a try.

2 805
 05-09-2012, 11:09 PM
User Info
I'm curious what the tobacco flavor smells like.

9 1,199
 05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Is this a new a/s from vitos? I've wanted to try some of their others but havn't got around to it yet. The vitos products I have tried have all been good.

45 3,955
 05-10-2012, 04:22 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I have the tobacco AS, it's the small bottle with the spray applicator. The scent is great but not very long lasting. I don't find many AS to be healing and this one is no different. If I need an AS to be healing I either reach for a balm or RazoRock King Louis AS.

7 1,018
 05-10-2012, 04:41 AM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
I have this and I can say that I like it. It is a little similar to the Floid amber but has an underlying citrus (kind of a sharp orange scent) mixed in with the powdery amber. Almost like you mixed Floid amber and Lucky Tiger or something like that. It's nothing that I revere as much as Blue Floid but I'm glad to have it in my stable and it gets use about once every ten days or so. Nothing special as far as healing properties go IMO but well worth the $30 for the big bottle. I think if you like the Floid amber you will like this for a variation.

18 281
 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM
User Info
daccpa,
Is Floid "the genuine" worth the $20.00/bottle better than the Vitos? For any one that's interested, It's only available at Italian Barber in North America.

2 805
 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Boy that is a loaded question for sure. To be honest I think the Floid hangs around longer and to me it seems to have a greater concentration of skin goodies (higher quality), but I have not verified this, it's just my perception. I will say that they are different, I have both, I like both, and will probably reorder both when they run out.

If I had a gun to my head and could only order one of them it would probably be the Floid.

If I were on a tight budget or a young fellow trying to provide for my family and in the early lean stages of my career no question I'd go with Vitos and be extremely happy with only it.

Fortunately I can afford both these days, and so it shall be.

Hope this helps.

(05-10-2012, 04:02 PM)sunflake Wrote: daccpa,
Is Floid "the genuine" worth the $20.00/bottle better than the Vitos? For any one that's interested, It's only available at Italian Barber in North America.

18 281
 05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
User Info
Thanks, if I bought the Vitos would you say that I would have a good idea about the Floid? "If I were on a tight budget or a young fellow trying to provide for my family " That would be me, I want quality products but not at $50 price.

2 805
 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
User Info
I own both, but I prefer the Floid amber. That said, just because one costs more than the other I don't think I'd personally let that be a deciding factor. 400 ml's is a lot! I'd see if one of the sample dealers around could set you up with 10 ml's of each. You may find you are so infatuated with the Floid that it's worth saving up a few extra bucks because either should last for months. Nothing is worse than having 400 ml's of something containing alcohol that doesn't float your boat and figuring out how to ship that to a second hand buyer. Just my two cents. Also, if I had to pick a favorite in the Vitos line it would be the Acquarelle. Although, I can't even begin to think of a comparable scent.

0 221
 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
(05-10-2012, 05:16 PM)sunflake Wrote: Thanks, if I bought the Vitos would you say that I would have a good idea about the Floid? "If I were on a tight budget or a young fellow trying to provide for my family " That would be me, I want quality products but not at $50 price.

PM me with your address and I'll send you a sample of each. I do think you'd be well pleased with the Vitos. They are both Barber Shoppy scents but I think the Vitos is a bit more so. Kind of like a sweet, powdery, orange candy.

18 281
 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
(05-10-2012, 05:16 PM)sunflake Wrote: Thanks, if I bought the Vitos would you say that I would have a good idea about the Floid? "If I were on a tight budget or a young fellow trying to provide for my family " That would be me, I want quality products but not at $50 price.

Something to keep in mind, as others have alluded, this is a 400mL bottle. Once you break it down, it's $12.50 per 100 mL. Not as cheap as some other AS, but I really wouldn't call it expensive. For comparison, a bottle of Penhaligon's AS is $85 per 100 mL. DRH runs around $30-35. So Floid is actually very reasonable in comparison

9 541
 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I'm looking hard at ordering a bottle of this. I like aftershaves that are powdery and sweet. Also, I noticed that RazoRock is exclusive distributor of Vitos. The RazoRock Baby Blue bottle looks the same as the Vitos After shaving bottle. I'm assuming Vitos makes the Baby Blue. Maybe this is common knowledge already Im not sure.

45 3,955
 12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I ordered a bottle of the Vito's "After Shaving" Aftershave today. I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Baby Blue.

45 3,955
 12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
User Info
I have the large bottle of this. I like the smell for the winter as I am not a fan of menthol in the winter. It's powders and a slight bit citrusy. The "healing" properties of this fall far short of something like Floïd Blue. I recommend Witch Hazel prior to use.

129 6,685
 12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
User Info
I would rate Vitos #4 on my list of favorite splashes:

1- Floid Blue
2- Proraso
3- Skin Bracer Cooling Blue
4- Vitos

5 938