05-10-2012, 05:04 AM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
I was wondering why I don't see a lot of love for Parker razors on the boards.
I don't have any Parker's and am not really interested in anything else but I stumbled across and article that said :

"Parker (India) – Might be the brand with the most models. And although I have no data to support this, it’s my guess that they also sell more DE razors than anyone else today. "

Curious statement but the guy could be correct considering the population in the middle east and the apparent price appeal of the Parker's I have seen being sold here.

Plus's to me would be the attractive price. The appearance of many of their models is very attractive to me and many of their models are TTO's which I see very few other companies are brave enough to tackle.

I have seen that the quality was lacking in the past but have also seen that there may have been recent improvements in QC.

I would certainly be interested in hearing the opinions here, so unleash the hounds !

18 281
 05-10-2012, 05:41 AM
User Info
I've had 3 Parker razors in the past and they all performed well. The quality control has greatly improved and I feel that they now make a very nice product. And they are easily some of the most attractive razors out there.

My only problem is that I find these razors to be quite aggressive and hard on my face. If I could find one of there line-up that was a bit milder, I would have no reservations in purchasing one.

4 952
 05-10-2012, 06:09 AM
User Info
I agree with the above. Some can be like cheese graters but nice pieces. Only company making a true twist to open razor now a days.

5 273
 05-10-2012, 06:21 AM
User Info
I certainly love my Parker 22R and wouldn't not part with it for love nor money.

The impression I have is that Parker suffers unfairly by a reputation for lacking quality control. I would not hesitate one second to recommend a Parker - in particular a 22R - both to new and experienced wetshavers.

The 22R is fairly aggressive, yet controllable. You can pair it with a wicked sharp blade like the Feather or with a mild one - in my experience both approaches work and gives a DFS. Other peoples mileage can vary, as always.

If Parker sold a TTO OC razor I would be in hogs heaven... I've yet to see one.

3 3,437
 05-10-2012, 09:00 AM
User Info
sorry, but i have never tried on so can not comment, but it seems that they are getting more favourable reviews. Oh boy, another razor to try!

74 20,783
 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM
User Info
Quality may be up but the aggressive part cannot be denied. Not every model is as loved as the 22r.

5 273
 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
So is the Parker 22R is *mild* compared to some of their other models?

how about compared to the 60R , which I find attractive in appearance?

9 1,684
 05-10-2012, 11:23 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I have a 99R, but have never used it.

I prefer OC and a shorter handle, so I've listed it on the "Shop 'n Swap"

91 17,610