04-24-2014, 05:59 AM
User Info
Hi everyone -

Up for sale today is a great brush, the Morris & Forndran 2XL "Stubby" brush in Blonde Badger. Before I get to the particulars, some housekeeping. My price includes CONUS shipping via USPS Priority Mail with insurance and tracking included. For international buyers, I will provide shipping, but we will have to discuss whether tracking and insurance is included (my experience is that some countries abide by tracking and insurance and others do not). Payment with Paypal only and no trade offers please. Without further ado...

I purchased this brush a while ago from mixershave here on the B/S/T and it was completely unused. He had had Lee Sabini (i.e. M&F himself) make it custom for him. The specs are 28mm knot with a 50mm loft. It is a Blonde Badger, but it seems to me closer to the fabled "heritage" two-band hair that is very sought-after these days, although I'm no expert in these matters.

It is a dense "wall of badger" feeling on your face, but not scrubby or scritchy. Since I've had it, it has no lost a single hair. It is a great fan-shaped knot, which is my favorite shape. I have used it with both hard soaps and soft creams and it handles either with aplomb. It is a face-latherer's dream. What I find remarkable about these "heritage" knots is how fine the individual badger hair is; I am generally someone who enjoys two-bands very much but these M&F/Rooney knots stand apart. The handle is a beautiful faux ivory and is wonderful to hold. I have found Morris & Forndran and Rooney brushes to be unparalleled in their quality, both with knots and their handles.

I purchased it from mixershave for $195, so I figured that $190 shipped would be an appropriate price. Current Rooney Heritage 2XLs go for $230 and are currently out of stock, so I think this is a very fair price. $190. SOLD! Thanks nachum and TSN!

As always, feel free to comment on my pricing or any other details I may have gotten wrong in this thread. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 04-24-2014, 06:09 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Beautiful brush at a very reasonable price ... GLWTS.

BTW ... looks like a Heritage 2-band knot to me.

102 18,552
 04-24-2014, 06:31 AM
User Info
Josh is a class act buy with confidence

61 1,710
 04-24-2014, 07:00 AM
User Info
SOLD! To nachum. I hope he enjoys it and thanks for the kinds words NSmalls and Agravic.

Moderators please archive.

84 1,505
 04-24-2014, 07:02 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Archived.

102 18,552