04-25-2014, 05:00 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Got a refill puck of RR King of the Castle lime in and have use it half a dozen times so far. It is a hard soap but malleable enough to mold into a Pyrex container nicely. I had never tried a RR soap and was looking for a lime scented soap so it killed two birds with one stone. Glad I tried it.

The scent is fairly mild and it face lathers very easily. The lather is rich, thick and slick enough to make shaving with a Muhle R41 and feather blades not too daunting a task. I'd say it is a pretty darn good soap and well worth a try if you are looking for a lime scented soap. Looking forward to tying other RR soap varieties in the future.

Bob

0 1,694
 04-25-2014, 05:44 AM
User Info
Bob, thanks for the mini-review.

On a lark last year I added RR King of the Castle Lavender hard soap to get free shipping from Italian Barber and was really pleased with the lather that it produces.

I would categorize the lavender scent as also being mild. I have used RazoRock King Louis Lavender, (which has a different ingredient list - being shea butter heavy) and I can't really tell the difference in the lathers.

I haven't yet tried the soft King of the Castle soaps, and am wondering how they compare to the excellent hard soap.

3 459