04-26-2014, 04:15 AM
User Info
It has recently been brought to my attention that a razor I had previously assumed to be a 'shovelhead' is in fact known as a 'Little Lather Catcher'.

See this thread for more info:
LLC

Does anyone here know how rare they are and how well they shave?

I have so much to learn (sigh)...

0 34
 04-26-2014, 05:10 AM
User Info
(04-26-2014, 04:15 AM)Rocket Man Wrote: It has recently been brought to my attention that a razor I had previously assumed to be a 'shovelhead' is in fact known as a 'Little Lather Catcher'.

See this thread for more info:
LLC

Does anyone here know how rare they are and how well they shave?

I have so much to learn (sigh)...

I have one and I didn't think it was rare at all until I read this thread and realized that it was the only one I ever saw! :-D

It's a great shaver, I like it better than the normal lather catcher, as it is less bulky.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

0 163
 04-26-2014, 08:57 AM
User Info
There are two models on that page.
The 1924 also known as "shovel head".
The 1914 which is sometimes referred to as Little Lather Catcher.

As for the shave, it is a personal preference. I never cared much for the 1924. It is very finicky about the angel. The 1914 is a different story, slightly aggressive but a fantastic shaver, one of the best, IMO.

None are rare, depending on condition of course.

The 1924 I had I got for a song and sold for a whistle. The 1914 are common as well, they show up on BST here and around the corner and they do show up on ebay often.

6 863
 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM
User Info
These aren't rare at all. What's been said above is correct. The 1914 is easy to identify as it says "Lift Here" on both sides of the head. The 1924 is also easy to identify as it has a reverse flip top where it hinges from the front instead of the back like the 1912s.

31 8,058
 04-26-2014, 11:05 AM
User Info
(04-26-2014, 08:57 AM)Galhatz Wrote: There are two models on that page.
The 1924 also known as "shovel head".
The 1914 which is sometimes referred to as Little Lather Catcher.

As for the shave, it is a personal preference. I never cared much for the 1924. It is very finicky about the angel. The 1914 is a different story, slightly aggressive but a fantastic shaver, one of the best, IMO.

None are rare, depending on condition of course.

The 1924 I had I got for a song and sold for a whistle. The 1914 are common as well, they show up on BST here and around the corner and they do show up on ebay often.

:-) And I'm just the opposite... I love the ER '24 and not so much the '14. It's too mild for me. In fact that's one of the razors I use to "age" my blades to make them fantastic in the other razors. Definitely YMMV. Too, I do believe the tolerances varied quite a bit in manufacturing.

32 6,472
 04-26-2014, 12:18 PM
User Info
Hmm... maybe the other two are milder... now i need to clean them and give them a try...

I got them last year on a 1914 binge. One in good condition, the other not so.
Well made, with boxes falling apart.
They were probably were stuck in someone's attic for at least 60 years.

It reninds me, i once bought SE blades at RiteAid. I asked the lady at the register ''who buy these here?''.
She looked at the package, then at me and said ''old men'', then she opened her eyes really wide and said ''really old men'''....

6 863