04-26-2014, 07:25 AM
User Info
Hi all,
Mary Lou received a surprise package from Freddy on Thursday.
It was a MontVerde Diva Lipstick Fountain Pen and came in a nice presentation case.
[Image: fQpkqIJ.jpg]

Out of the presentation case it looks like hmmmm... a tube of lipstick!
[Image: iczAzkG.jpg]

It is quite compact. This is the pen next to an X450 (Jinhao).
[Image: lobJZMI.jpg]

The cap unscrews. The pen body is a lovely blue/white swirl. In case it is not common knowlewdgeSmile ML has a thing for blue pens.
[Image: a7HGcPO.jpg]

Here is where the cool factor comes into play.
You turn the top potion of the body like hmmmm..... a tube of lipstick and the nib appears.
[Image: vX03XYQ.jpg]

All the way extended.
[Image: Gs8zzwT.jpg]

The cap screws on to post and you now have a full size pen.
[Image: iJ5SYs4.jpg]

It handles and writes beautifully.
[Image: AFmIBWO.jpg]

From ML's notes:
"This pen writes nicely. It is a wide medium and lays a wet line.
There is some bleedthrough on cheap paper but no problem on our letter quality paper. It can be hard to start the inkflow after sitting for extended times. It is comfortable to write with both posted and unposted.
It is a really, really cool pen. I love the color, the size, the lipstick mechanism and the presentation."

As you can tell she loves this pen.

Thank you very much Freddy. You are a gem.

Phil

7 363
 04-26-2014, 07:33 AM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
Very cool pen! Just when I thought I've seen everything Smile

58 1,312
 04-26-2014, 08:21 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I'm delighted that Mary Lou is enjoying the pen. It certainly is different in style from most other fountain pens.

Monteverde no longer makes this pen so it really was "stock on hand" and, fortunately, one of the two colors they had left was the blue and white swirl.

2 11,211
 04-26-2014, 09:19 AM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
And it's blue!

How is the balance posted and unposted?

0 1,137
 04-26-2014, 08:13 PM
User Info
That is a very lovely pen, Phil! Smile

82 21,056
 04-27-2014, 04:20 AM
User Info
This is Mary Lou. The pen cap is resin and is very light, so it does not change the weight in terms of balance posted or unposted. It fits in my hand either way, but Phil needs it posted or it is not long enough to fit in his hand. It is such a cool pen! I love it! "And it's blue!" Biggrin Who could ask for anything more?

(04-26-2014, 09:19 AM)Elendil Wrote: And it's blue!

How is the balance posted and unposted?

7 363
 04-28-2014, 07:26 PM
User Info
Freddy was kind enough to gift me the Diva lipstick in white pearl with a black cap. I agree with Mary Lou, it is a cool pen with a buttery smooth nib. Sad they no longer make these.        

1 346
 04-28-2014, 08:23 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
Pam, yours was the last in pearl white and I got the last turquoiose. They were out of the burnt orange (my first choice for me) and the red.

2 11,211
 05-05-2014, 10:21 AM
User Info
MsBlackwolf Wrote:Freddy was kind enough to gift me the Diva lipstick in white pearl with a black cap. I agree with Mary Lou, it is a cool pen with a buttery smooth nib. Sad they no longer make these.
Pam,
Wow that is very elegant looking. ML is partial to blue but even she agreed the white/black is a beautiful pen.

Freddy is a gem.

Phil

7 363
 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
Phil, when I ordered the pens they were out of quite a few colors, including a bright lipstick red, which I thought really suited the nature of the pen. There was only one white pearl and one turquoise each so for Pam's birthday I got her the white and kept the turquoise for myself. By the time I ordered for Mary Lou, the only two colors left were confetti (ugly, in my opinion) and the blue and white swirl. For Mary Lou, it was no contest. Biggrin

2 11,211