04-26-2014, 12:53 PM
User Info
Antica Barbieria Colla have just released new aftershaves. These are aftershave milks without alcohol and made from all natural ingredients. They come in apricot oil, almond, sandalwood and green tobacco. Interesting their Facebook page is in both Italian and English.

http://www.anticabarbieriacollashop.com/en/9-shaving
https://it-it.facebook.com/anticabarbieriacolla

23 475
 04-26-2014, 04:56 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
I've seen a friend on FB using the Peach, and it did get me curious to try it. I do love "milky" balms.

26 4,941
 04-27-2014, 12:01 AM
User Info
I just ordered some of these and have two new ones I plan to sell (Tobacco Verde and Sandalo Rosso). PM me if interested.

0 27
 04-27-2014, 05:01 AM
User Info
(04-27-2014, 12:01 AM)fisherc Wrote: I just ordered some of these and have two new ones I plan to sell (Tobacco Verde and Sandalo Rosso). PM me if interested.

I'm in Italy and will be visiting their store this week. They're damn expensive so just planning to pick up either the Apricot or Almond. I have a feeling the Almond may be a little sweet for everyday use. How is the post skin care? Do they absorb in the skin or form a layer on top of the skin?

23 475
 02-23-2015, 07:26 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I'm curious to hear a review of these aftershaves. Anyone?

43 1,705
 02-23-2015, 09:37 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Phil at BullGoose Shaving now sells Antica Barbieria Colla Products

178 23,824
 02-24-2015, 02:06 PM
User Info
I am pretty curious about any opinion on green tobacco AS milk....

2 125
 02-24-2015, 03:13 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(02-24-2015, 02:06 PM)ClarkGable Wrote: I am pretty curious about any opinion on green tobacco AS milk....

Devine.  I will be ordering a bottle when I return from my trip.  I had ordered one from Italy about a year ago and I just loved it.  It is my favorite of their balms/lotions.

178 23,824
 02-22-2017, 08:46 AM
User Info
The Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Hull Aftershave is absolutely amazing stuff!

8 192
 06-13-2017, 02:35 PM
User Info
Been reading about these fine products for far too long.  Decided it's time to enjoy them.  Only my second purchase this year, so I'm totally justified in the acquisition (in my mind).  First impressions (the package arrived just 30 minutes ago)—they are spectacular.  Absolutely mouth-wateringly spectacular.  Green tobacco tomorrow morning after my shave...if I can wait that long.

[Image: GHokMM9.jpg]

[Image: CkYXi7U.jpg]

1 415
 06-13-2017, 02:43 PM
User Info
David, I'm looking forward to your comments about the Green Tobacco.

50 6,281
 06-14-2017, 08:27 AM
User Info
Green Tobacco.  Absolutely superb.  Gorgeous scent...like "green tobacco."   Who would have thought?

Extremely moisturizing (I skipped the moisturizer, no need).  Fairly refreshing (as much as a milk rather than splash can be).  No sensitivity issues for me.  The lovely, somewhat rich fragrance lasted for at least a couple hours I think. Different than any other scent I have experienced.  And I love it.

This will definitely be in my regular rotation.  But, would I want to use it every day—probably not.  Once or perhaps twice a week would be about right.

Will try Apricot Hull tomorrow.

1 415
 06-14-2017, 01:59 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(06-14-2017, 08:27 AM)David Wrote: Green Tobacco.  Absolutely superb.  Gorgeous scent...like "green tobacco."   Who would have thought?

Extremely moisturizing (I skipped the moisturizer, no need).  Fairly refreshing (as much as a milk rather than splash can be).  No sensitivity issues for me.  The lovely, somewhat rich fragrance lasted for at least a couple hours I think. Different than any other scent I have experienced.  And I love it.

This will definitely be in my regular rotation.  But, would I want to use it every day—probably not.  Once or perhaps twice a week would be about right.

Will try Apricot Hull tomorrow.

I like it a lot too but concur...I only use it about once a week and only in the fall and winter.

46 18,490
 06-18-2017, 02:13 PM
User Info
Apricot Hull.  I've now had 4 shaves with Apricot Hull as the finishing touch. Thick (you don't need much), rich, and amazingly moisturizing.  In fact, the most moisturizing aftershave I've every used.  The skin feel afterwards is great.

It's also wonderfully soothing.  I usually rub in a tiny dab of Pro Victis (The Healer) on my neck, but no need with Apricot Hull—it does the job on its own.

Now, about the scent.  Sweet, heavy, gorgeous in the bottle.  However, after 4 uses, I still can't decide if I like it or not. The weather has been very hot, and I think I'd like something more refreshing.  Perhaps it's more of an autumn scent.  Having said that, it's the bottle I've gone for after each of my last 4 shaves. Lasts for several hours.  Pairs well with Laureato soap.  I know many folks prefer something very sweet on a hot day.

1 415
 06-19-2017, 07:32 PM
User Info
(06-18-2017, 02:13 PM)David Wrote: Apricot Hull.  I've now had 4 shaves with Apricot Hull as the finishing touch. Thick (you don't need much), rich, and amazingly moisturizing.  In fact, the most moisturizing aftershave I've every used.  The skin feel afterwards is great.

It's also wonderfully soothing.  I usually rub in a tiny dab of Pro Victis (The Healer) on my neck, but no need with Apricot Hull—it does the job on its own.

Now, about the scent.  Sweet, heavy, gorgeous in the bottle.  However, after 4 uses, I still can't decide if I like it or not. The weather has been very hot, and I think I'd like something more refreshing.  Perhaps it's more of an autumn scent.  Having said that, it's the bottle I've gone for after each of my last 4 shaves. Lasts for several hours.  Pairs well with Laureato soap.  I know many folks prefer something very sweet on a hot day.

Nice review David, 
I've been using the apricot hull for about 2 months an average of about twice a week. It's one of the best aftershave balms i've ever used, infact it's in my top 3. I really enjoy the smell.. it's quite sweet the first few minutes (like a ripe apricot) but settles down after quickly after that. Absolutely love how refreshing it is beacause of the peppermint and menthol in it, especially for the summer months. This will always be a staple in my rotation summer or winter!

8 192
 07-08-2017, 07:58 AM
User Info
(06-18-2017, 02:13 PM)David Wrote: Apricot Hull.  I've now had 4 shaves with Apricot Hull as the finishing touch. Thick (you don't need much), rich, and amazingly moisturizing.  In fact, the most moisturizing aftershave I've every used.  The skin feel afterwards is great.

I've decided.  I like it.  A lot.  Used this much since June 14. 

[Image: PhOQ57H.jpg]

[Image: wI8kel2.jpg]

1 415