05-10-2012, 03:29 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I just purchased a vintage Ever Ready 500N. It has a nylon knot that I'm guessing is either a 21 or 22mm knot, the loft is greater then 50mm. It has a beautiful Lucite handle.
This could be a candidate for a re-knot later on.

Yesterday I cleaned the brush and disinfected. The knot appeared to be in excellent condition and showing slight use.

Today I decided to give the brush a work out today. Will I showered it was soaking. It held more water then I thought it would. It loaded up fairly easy from a puck of hard soap. I lathered it in my bowl and produced very lather.
I did need to add a tad a bit of water.

The lather did not break down once applied to the face.

In conclusion the brush did better then I thought. It earned a spot in my rotation. I probably have it re-knot at same time but for know I will use at as is. It was a bit floppy but not any more so then my badgers. The tips were soft.

Loading 8
Lather building ease 8
Backbone 6
Softness 9
Overall an 8

This is my first venture into vintage brushes and I was disappointed with this purchase.

1 3,507
 05-10-2012, 03:31 PM
User Info
Well it sure does look like it could be a flopster, but I'm glad it wasn't too unruly for you. That is a beautiful handle for sure.

31 7,892
 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM
User Info
a truly beautiful brush, well done sir!

0 25
 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Washington State
User Info
Fantastic handle on that brush, I have a growing appreciation for the Lucite handle brushes.

35 1,726