04-26-2014, 02:52 PM
User Info
[Image: 2JzcQCR.jpg]
First introduced in 1882, Fougère Royale completely revolutionized the world of perfumes and established modern perfumery as we know it today. Fougère Royale was the first “fougère” (or fern-like) perfume ever created, and it established a completely new fragrance family, which remains the most popular one in men’s fragrances. Top notes are lavender, clary sage and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, orchid, heliotrope, rose and geranium; base notes are tonka bean, musk, vanilla, oakmoss and coumarin.

Fougère Royale smells “dry and bracing, with a wonderful harmony created by the lavender, heliotrope, oakmoss and vanilla.” Like all Fougères, this one has "warmth and dryness, sweet bitter woods, and soft floral touches."

Houbigant was a perfume manufacturer founded in Paris, France in 1775 by Jean-François Houbigant of Grasse (1752–1807), originally selling gloves, perfumes, and bridal bouquets. The original shop, called "A la Corbeille de Fleurs", was in the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. Over the centuries, the House of Houbigant became perfumer to the royal courts of Europe (among others Napoleon, Napoleon III, Alexander III of Russia, and Queen Victoria).

This shaving soap is no longer made. Those of you who are knowledgeable about shaving soaps know well that Fougère Royale very rarely becomes available. Yes, it is expensive, but it is fantastic, and there is nothing else like it. All of its qualities - scent, lather, skin care - are wonderful, and overall it is the equal of or superior to the best vintage English soaps such as Floris and Penhaligon's.

This one, in its original wooden bowl, has been used only a half dozen times. Although not completely ignored, it definitely has been neglected, because I just have too many soaps, but it has been kept in a sealed ziplock bag in a drawer. $115 shipped CONUS. Sorry, no international shipping. SOLD

[Image: nkZllOT.jpg][Image: XNkL6ZK.jpg][Image: 1DUqcff.jpg]

207 12,266
 04-26-2014, 03:04 PM
User Info
Just Wow...That's all I have to say! Love to take just a peek into John's inventory...Who knows what's lurking beneath the sink???? Biggrin

47 385
 04-26-2014, 03:06 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Wow ... these rarely come up for sale, and John's obviously a seller that can be trusted ... GLWTS and congratulations in advance to the fortunate buyer.

102 18,652
 04-26-2014, 03:14 PM
User Info
(04-26-2014, 03:06 PM)Agravic Wrote: Wow ... these rarely come up for sale,.............

VERY scarce. John is a superb Gent and has great taste and he SHIPS sold product FAST!

19 775
 04-26-2014, 03:16 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Impressive soap, never even saw one of these for sale before!

I wonder at else John has in his nook... Rolleyes

26 4,928
 04-26-2014, 03:39 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
Guys, this is a grail soap. There ain't nothing like it. I have seen 4 pop up on eBay in the last 3 years, and this is a fraction of what I paid. GLWTS

0 1,137
 04-26-2014, 04:31 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
When you wish upon a star,
makes a big difference who you are!
O, to attain the unattainable..........

7 2,328
 04-26-2014, 05:20 PM
User Info
It's been sold, folks. Thanks to the buyer and to TSN.

207 12,266
 04-26-2014, 05:21 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I wondered why it took so long Smile everyone was speaking so highly and no one was buying!

58 1,312
 04-27-2014, 11:49 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I would've plunked it down in a heartbeat if I had it. I prefer vintage products when I can get them and the reputation of Houbigant along with a recommendation from John(which carries much weight with me) had me sold and reaching into my empty pockets before I had even finished reading it.

7 2,328
 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM
User Info
Thanks for the kind words, folks. I hope the buyer likes it as much as I did.

207 12,266