05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
User Info
I recently bought a tube of PREP pre/post cream. I had read good things about it, so I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about the way it leaves my skin. As a pre-shave, applying it to my damp face, it begins to feel tacky with a bit of rubbing. Likewise, as a post shave treatment, it feels decent going on but leaves my face feeling tacky.

I'm wondering, is there any difference between the tube and jar? I purchased the tube assuming they were the same and it was the same price for more product. This very well could be a case of YMMV and it's just not for me. The only other pre-shave I've used is Floid Sandolor, which is an oil, not a cream. I prefer it to this particular cream.

Thoughts?

4 112
 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM
User Info
I have also assumed they were the same. I used the Prep pre/post (from the jar) this morning. It is a thick, dense cream in the jar, so I'm not sure how easily this same cream would dispense from a tube. However, I'm sure they are very similar, if not exactly the same.

33 120
 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
User Info
Try Proraso it doesn't feel that way at all, from what I have read they changed the label from Pre/Post to just Pre with the same ingredients. It works good and smells like Noxzema.

2 805
 05-10-2012, 06:04 PM
User Info
(05-10-2012, 04:50 PM)alabamalawyer Wrote: I have also assumed they were the same. I used the Prep pre/post (from the jar) this morning. It is a thick, dense cream in the jar, so I'm not sure how easily this same cream would dispense from a tube. However, I'm sure they are very similar, if not exactly the same.

It's pretty thick from the tube. I don't use very much. Does it leave your skin feeling tacky?

4 112
 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
User Info
I use Prep every morning and have no problem with the texture. Yes, it is a bit like Noxema, but drier. I rub it into a wet face and maybe even add a dab more water and rub it around. Then you will not notice any tackiness and get the pre shave benefit.

21 1,476
 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I think there is a difference between the two but I'm not positive. The jar is a traditional pre shave where I believe the tube is traditional shaving cream. As sunflake said give Proraso pre shave a try or another very good one is 3P.

45 3,955
 05-10-2012, 09:09 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(05-10-2012, 08:49 PM)tgutc Wrote: I think there is a difference between the two but I'm not positive. The jar is a traditional pre shave where I believe the tube is traditional shaving cream. As sunflake said give Proraso pre shave a try or another very good one is 3P.

The preshave comes in tube and jar. AFAIK, they are the same.

I have never had any tackiness, pre or post shave. It absorbs pretty well for me - perhaps you are using too much?

10 1,858
 05-11-2012, 04:25 AM
User Info
This is definitely the pre/post, not the shaving cream. I use very little--perhaps just a tad more than I would with a shaving oil due to its thickness, also a little bit more than Vifrex gel. Perhaps I'm not using enough? I'll test again but if I get the same results, I'll be looking to trade or sell. Thanks for the input!

4 112
 05-11-2012, 11:44 AM
User Info
(05-10-2012, 06:04 PM)dontodd Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 04:50 PM)alabamalawyer Wrote: I have also assumed they were the same. I used the Prep pre/post (from the jar) this morning. It is a thick, dense cream in the jar, so I'm not sure how easily this same cream would dispense from a tube. However, I'm sure they are very similar, if not exactly the same.

It's pretty thick from the tube. I don't use very much. Does it leave your skin feeling tacky?

It doesn't leave my sking feeling tacky, but it is a pretty thick cream, so I can see how you might feel that way. I don't use it everyday, so it's a nice change of pace when I do. I would suggest adding a bit of water to it once you have it applied to thin it out some, and then start lathering after that.

Chris

33 120