04-28-2014, 08:53 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
Some of you have seen the post I made about WSO “The Naud”. This Thread

I took a chance on a blind buy as to scent and learned quickly that the scent is not one that will work for me.

This PIF really belongs to Jim, the artisan behind WetShave Obsession. He is facilitating this PIF and my opportunity to try a different scent. All thanks go to him.

As for the PIF, this is a for a puck of WetShave Obsession “The Naud.” It’s been used exactly once (and that from the bottom of the puck!)

To participate, there are two criteria.
One. You like Clubman Pinaud or are willing to try a soap that closely mimics the scent.

And two, in your reply, say “I’m in.” and state why you would like to be the recipient of the soap.

That’s it. The “committee” will review all replies posted by 8 PM CDT Weds, the 30th and select the recipient. The winner’s name will be posted in this thread.

Again, my sincere appreciation to Jim/W.S.O.

Have Fun,
Max

Fine Print: Open to all members with at least 10 posts, US and Canada.

[Image: i83m.jpg]

60 1,601
 04-28-2014, 08:56 AM
User Info
I'm in! I'd love to receive it because I haven't gotten around to ordering some of Jim's reputedly excellent product yet and I'm very curious to see a triple-milled artisan soap, which promises to be extremely educational. Thanks to both Jim and MaxP for the opportunity!

5 407
 04-28-2014, 08:58 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Thanks Max for doing this and thanks to Jim for making this possible.

I am not in.

178 23,809
 04-28-2014, 09:04 AM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I'm totally in! Love Jim's soaps and haven't tried this one yet. Still have a bottle of clubman around too so the scent isn't an issue. Also wanted to say thanks to Max!

58 1,312
 04-28-2014, 09:09 AM
User Info
Very much in. My experience with Clubman is sniffing it at the local grocery store and I very much liked it. Reminded me of the old place my dad used to take me to when I was little.

I always got a lollipop after my haircut.
Kinda wish I still did.

0 338
 04-28-2014, 09:16 AM
User Info
Consider me in! I have a few samples of Clubman, and have no complaints! To boot, id like to try another one of Jim's products! I have both of his pre-shaves (one in transit,) and would be proud to add this to my arsenal of anti-facial hair equipment!

0 42
 04-28-2014, 09:21 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I'm in! Just because I'm sick and need to try every soap ever made Confused

88 4,233
 04-28-2014, 09:24 AM
User Info
I am not in, but many thanks to Jim from WSO for making this possible.

129 6,685
 04-28-2014, 09:28 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Not in ... nice gesture ... congratulations in advance to the lucky recipient.

102 18,652
 04-28-2014, 10:45 AM
User Info
I'm in! Really appreciate the kind offer. Love the Clubman scent and would love to try it.

Best Regards,

Don

0 22
 04-28-2014, 11:13 AM
User Info
I am not in, but great solution, well done Jim Biggrin
Max if you're looking for suggestion on scent, I really like my Zaro, and Bill the Barber, and Signature, and Vanillawood, and GIT...Tongue

96 2,590
 04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
User Info
Good job Jim and Max. I'm not in because I've never smelt Clubman and I just got two tins from Jim. Someone is going to really enjoy this great soap. Next time I see Clubman it I'll take a whiff. Hopefully I won't like it or I'll have to buy another tin.

4 355
 04-28-2014, 11:30 AM
User Info
I'm in. I used to enjoy Clubman until I got into niche fragrances. I have been dying to try WSO products after the rave reviews.

32 344
 04-28-2014, 11:58 AM
User Info
I'm in. I'd love to try out one of Jim's soaps but new soap is not in my budget right now because we need a new mattress/boxspring (that stuff is WAY more expensive than I thought it would be!).

I like the scent of Clubman; it's reminiscent of the talc the barbers always put on the back of my neck after they shaved it clean with an actual straight razor back in the day.

Thanks.

2 1,463
 04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Count me in, I have even resorted to pouring clubman on my puck to try and get that aroma. Heck fire, if I happen to be the chosen one I will even agree to pif two other tubs of slightly tried Razorock soaps from my own stash.

18 281
 04-28-2014, 01:30 PM
  • RedRocks
  • Four-Corners, USA
User Info
I'm in.

I enjoy all things Clubman - from Pinaud to The Veg and everything in between. My wife especially likes Pinaud. She says it reminds her of Canoe, her dad's favorite. Pinaud reminds me of the corner barber shop my dad would take me to in the 60's.

~Frank

18 271
 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM
User Info
I'm definitely in! I have not tried any Clubman products as of yet but hopefully will soon. It would be a great chance to get to smell a Clubman-esque scent and probably get me to buy MORE!!

Edit: Just bought a bottle of Clubman Pinaud AS and like the smell quite a bit. It reminds me of my dad. Hoping for a W!

0 31
 04-28-2014, 02:14 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I'm in!
I have yet to try soap from WSO and would really like to. I also love the scent of Clubman.

31 1,510
 04-28-2014, 02:19 PM
  • Java
  • Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
User Info
I am not in. Thanks, to both you and Jim for the idea, though. I love Clubman. It happens to be my wife's favorite, too. I've tried Jim's LD Spice, and it is outstanding. Once I tried it, I decided that I would keep checking the website, and the first time I see "The Naud" and "Bill the Barber" both in stock at once, I'm ordering them. I think this should end up with someone that isn't already "sold" on it!

0 272
 04-28-2014, 02:59 PM
  • JrReyes
  • Cartridge Converter
  • Ft. Worth, TX
User Info
I gotta have this tin of "The "NAUD" because if I do not receive it i can't consider myself a true "Clubman". Due too this I will become so depressed I will stop shaving. SWMBO hates stubble and will tell me to "Get that crap of my face'. My depression turns to anger and I rebel against her refusing to shave for days. The resulting beard upsets my children who can't cuddle me as my stubbly beard hurts and scratches their delicate faces. I become alienated from family, depressed about this and missing my daily shaving routine I care no longer about my appearance. This does not sit well with the boss who also seems annoyed that I have started drinking at work. In my angered, depressed and dishevelled state I decided on the only sensible course of action left to me : I start a fight club. Now drunk, with missing teeth black eyes and a broken nose I lose my job as apparently this is not a good look for a priest!
Angered by this I encourage my fight club to attack businesses in order to destabilise the local economy.
So without this soap I will alienate my family, become a psychopath, lose my job, and the downfall of the local economy will happen.
It could all be so easily avoided, just give me "The NAUD" tin. Please!?

19 278