04-29-2014, 05:28 AM
User Info
Hello all my wieshi dark chrome has arrived and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 5
 04-29-2014, 06:29 AM
User Info
The Weishi 9306 is an attractive, comfortable, inexpensive and well built, and was one of my first razors (in matt gold).

However, it is VERY mild. In fact, in order to accomplish even a passable shave with my wiry beard that grows in random directions, I had to do so many passes that I ended-up with irritation. Your beard and experience may certainly be different.

I would caution you not develop the habit of using too much pressure. It will bite you when you try new razors even as mild as a Merkur 34C.

Good luck!

0 386
 04-29-2014, 06:41 AM
User Info
Wieshi razors are mild shavers made in China, which is great for DE beginners. AS far as quality goes, Wieshi makes or has made several different style razors. Some are made of brass, some aluminium, some even plastic, and I believe a combination of different colors and materials as well. It's a modestly priced razor but it won't be something your able to pass along in the future as an heirloom. It just won't last.

6 589
 04-29-2014, 06:59 AM
User Info
Congrats!

I started this journey with a gunmetal grey weishi 9306.

0 106
 04-29-2014, 07:07 AM
User Info
The Weishi line are not bad. I had the full plastic model and it was a terrific shaver. Really surprised me.

121 13,126
 04-29-2014, 01:32 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
A mild razor like the Weishi is good for learning and for a shaver with sensitive skin. I have very sensitive skin and I started with a Merkur, but I couldn't get past the razor burn. When I changed to a Weishi, I got no more razor burn and development of my technique accelerated.

Like any other razor, the Weishi isn't the right tool for every shaver, but it definitely has its place.

- Murray

4 1,150