12-30-2015, 10:49 AM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(12-30-2015, 09:41 AM)HUF Wrote: What I like about most of cartridge razors is the flat handle vs round one of the most safety razors. IMHO, a flat razor gives more control.

I agree. It's a major reason why I like my Schick injector: a long handle with four flat sides keeps the twisties away. That makes me think the Bolin Webb handle might be a good choice after all for the Mach3.

As to the Neo, I favor the twin-blade carts over the three-blade. The blade is still a Feather, and that's one more than I would normally use.

21 1,672
 01-09-2016, 04:44 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 10:49 AM)rsp1202 Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 09:41 AM)HUF Wrote: What I like about most of cartridge razors is the flat handle vs round one of the most safety razors. IMHO, a flat razor gives more control.
As to the Neo, I favor the twin-blade carts over the three-blade. The blade is still a Feather, and that's one more than I would normally use.

I just received some Feather twin blades for my Neo. I agree....prefer them over the 3-blade. I do rip out the lube strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 283
 01-10-2016, 09:01 AM
User Info
(01-09-2016, 04:44 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 10:49 AM)rsp1202 Wrote:

I just received some Feather twin blades for my Neo. I agree....prefer them over the 3-blade. I do rip out the lube strip.

I like the 3 blade cart but I'll have to try these. The twin blade version get's a lot of positive reviews.

Clayton

6 617
 01-10-2016, 07:50 PM
User Info
I much prefer the 3 blade over the 2 blade. Can't seem to get the hang of shaving with the 2 blade. I haven't been able to get near as close or as comfortable shave with the two blade.

18 201
 01-13-2016, 12:41 PM
User Info
I have the 3 blade cartridges. They work great. I have never tried the 2 blade carts.

13 1,643
 01-15-2016, 07:47 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Also happy with the 3 blade - trying the 2 blade is low on my list.   A DE razor is used more today  but still use the Feather 1-2 times a week.  Great shave with little thinking or effort.

1 104
 01-15-2016, 07:51 PM
User Info
There's something about the name of this product that I like... I don't quite know what it is Wink.

3 1,484
 01-15-2016, 08:55 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(01-15-2016, 07:51 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: There's something about the name of this product that I like... I don't quite know what it is Wink.

What you like is that the topic line is inverted. The product is MR3 neo, not NEO Mr3.

0 852
 01-15-2016, 10:06 PM
User Info
(01-15-2016, 08:55 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 07:51 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: There's something about the name of this product that I like... I don't quite know what it is Wink.

What you like is that the topic line is inverted.  The product is MR3 neo, not NEO Mr3.  

Either way, it makes me happy.

3 1,484
 05-25-2016, 06:25 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
I bought an MR3 Neo as a travel razor and used it today for the first time with O Melhor shaving cream and a Vie Long Lord Randal horse hair brush.

Very disappointing shave. 

It's a very mild razor and I'm feeling stubble 3 hours later.  What a contrast to the BBS-1 I used the other day that kept me clean for 12 hours.

I used a 3 blade cart.

Eric

30 680
 05-25-2016, 06:38 AM
User Info
This is what I use for head shaving, order straight from Japan...blade lasts me 10-15 shaves which is a dirt cheap option compared to domestic carts.

5 139
 05-25-2016, 06:50 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
Hey Erik, if you want a new pack of 10 two blade carts I'll hook you up!  LoL

Eric

30 680
 05-26-2016, 03:42 PM
User Info
(05-25-2016, 06:25 AM)EricM Wrote: I bought an MR3 Neo as a travel razor and used it today for the first time with O Melhor shaving cream and a Vie Long Lord Randal horse hair brush.

Very disappointing shave. 

It's a very mild razor and I'm feeling stubble 3 hours later.  What a contrast to the BBS-1 I used the other day that kept me clean for 12 hours.

I used a 3 blade cart.

Eric

It did not work for me either. It could not remove my stubbles even after 4 passes. Gave it 3 chances, ended up selling it. Honestly my Fusion is way superior to this razor for me. WAY SUPERIOR !

22 5,287
 11-01-2016, 03:25 PM
User Info
I travel quite a bit and almost always check my bag, so no big deal what kind of razor I take.

This trip, I had a close connector, so I carried on. Took my Neo with twin blades, not the triple. Also brought my Semogue 1800 and Caties Bubbles LPV.

Well...got shnagged at security for the soap. 8 oz and classified as "toiletry". Fortunately, my car was close and I had time to run it back...that's expensive stuff! I'm not chucking it!

Fortunately, I had a couple of Speick cream samples from my jaunt to Royal Shave, in CA.

I was super disappointed with the Neo. I did get close to BBS, but the experience just sucked. Not smooth, awkward, got nicked, just sucked.

I'm sticking to my Bic Metal in these situations. I'll be piffing the Neo and blades.

16 283
 11-01-2016, 04:47 PM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(05-26-2016, 03:42 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 06:25 AM)EricM Wrote: I bought an MR3 Neo . . . Very disappointing shave. . .

It did not work for me either. . . my Fusion is way superior to this razor for me. . .

The MR3's build quality is quite good, but a Mach3 Turbo shaved me at least as well and with less irritation. This was a surprise. I need to try a Fusion again to compare.

21 1,672
 11-01-2016, 05:13 PM
User Info
Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but is there a cap or blade cover available to prevent damage to and from the blade in the dopp kit?

I've been traveling with a Schick Quatro Titanium which has a really slick blade cover that slides on sideways for protection, even though I prefer the comfort and closeness of the shave from Mach 3's.

Terry

0 36
 11-01-2016, 06:03 PM
User Info
(11-01-2016, 05:13 PM)pantograph Wrote: Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but is there a cap or blade cover available to prevent damage to and from the blade in the dopp kit?

I've been traveling with a Schick Quatro Titanium which has a really slick blade cover that slides on sideways for protection, even though I prefer the comfort and closeness of the shave from Mach 3's.

Terry

Yes...my Neo came with a nice cap and a stand. Lost the cap...

16 283
 11-01-2016, 06:49 PM
User Info
...........if i had discovered the Featherv NEO MR3 years ago, i would have saved TONS of money ......

39 1,054
 11-03-2016, 10:37 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(11-01-2016, 06:49 PM)leonidas Wrote: ...........if i had discovered the Featherv NEO MR3 years ago, i would have saved TONS of money ......

We returned yesterday from another trip to Japan.  This trip was more extended than most, and included a sojourn in a very remote location in southwestern Yamagata Prefecture, staying in a traditional Japanese ryokan (inn) at an onsen (hot springs) that has hosted ryokan for a thousand years, though the one that we stayed in has been there for only a bit over 300 years.  The village was sufficiently remote from civilization that access (at the end of a spur rail line) was by a train powered by a diesel engine which the operator manipulated with a manual transmission; and the retail shops in the village do not accept credit cards:   it is a cash economy.

I always carry my Dopp kit with me into the airplane cabin, and therefore do not carry my DE when I fly.  These days, my shaving kit is very simple: 
  •  Feather MR3 neo razor and blade;
  •  L'Occitaine Plisson brush (with a ventilated travel tube); and
  •  Mystic Water shave stick (my current one happens to be Vetiver & Oak Moss)
Of course, I bathed frequently, two or three times a day, in the ryokan’s deep and luxuriant communal baths.  The routine for bathing in Japan is that one washes oneself off thoroughly with soap, followed by a thorough rinse, before entering the bath to soak.  Many men also shave during the soap-washing part of the ritual; most ryokan furnish for free (“sabisu”, that is, “service”) disposable razors (the one where I stayed supplied KAI razors) and shaving cream — usually in pump bottles — for that purpose.  

It would be a gross breach of etiquette for a Japanese man to stare at a fellow bather in a communal bath; but the Mystic Water shave stick (shave sticks probably are unknown in Japan, though I have not done research that would confirm that), which I rubbed on my beard and face-lathered with my brush (shaving brushes are rarely spotted in communal baths), and my Feather MR3 neo (made in Japan, but not commonly seen in Japan) drew a few curious sideways glances.  That hardware and software also gave me superb shaves, each and every time.  

Upon our return to the United States, I reverted to my domestic routine of a double edge Feather AS-D2 with KAI blades.  Of course, I was treated to my usual excellent shave with that razor/blade combination.  But, truth be told, heretical though it may seem, the shave is no closer with the DE razor than with the Feather MR3 neo that I had used daily (using only one cartridge) for the eleven days preceding when I was in Japan.

0 852
 11-04-2016, 08:57 AM
User Info
bought one of these a long time ago and kept losing the carts.  then the most beautiful of the carts the bolin and adp wengewood.  still use on my head.

59 1,014