05-01-2014, 05:58 PM
User Info
I was using witch hazel mixed with aftershave cologne and thought I should add things to help my skin. I am currently adding glycerine, aloe vera, green tea leaf extract, hyaluronic acid with vitamins a c e, and jojoba. It feels refreshing with a little burn if it was a rough shave and you get to customize the scent. I've been considering adding aspirin as an anti inflammatory. Any thoughts on anything else to add or subtract?

4 355
 05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
User Info
I don't think you need the aspirin.
Everything looks fine, but if you are really wanting to help your skin, you may want to reconsider the AS/Cologne as they are usually drying; not saying you shouldn't use them as the other items are compensating for the dryness, but just a thought. You could just use an atomizer to spray the AS/Cologne to minimize the substantial contact with your skin.
Unrefined shea butter is always a helpful moisturizer to help your skin.
Enjoy your Frankenhazel. Smile

82 21,056
 05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I put witch hazel into a small 2-ounce jar and then add a few drops of fragrance or essential oil. I then have witch hazel that is scented rose, lavender, lemon, grapefruit, or orange. Of course, I never use much (just enough to scent the witch hazel) and, so far, have had no adverse reaction. It is possible that this might not work for some so definitely read up on the different essential/fragrance oils, their benefits, and the cautions one should take using them.

2 11,211
 05-01-2014, 06:12 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Wow, that is a lot of stuff. I'm too lazy..I typically just add a bit of glycerin and about 10-15 drops of lavender EO to a 16oz bottle and call it a day.

31 1,510
 05-01-2014, 11:26 PM
User Info
Thanks I've been considering EOs and FOs but know nothing about them. I'm only using the cologne aftershaves that are at least a decade old from cologne sets.

4 355
 05-02-2014, 03:31 AM
User Info
For me it is ain Aveeno mixed with cologne that makes the best AS balm.

6 808
 05-02-2014, 09:51 PM
User Info
(05-01-2014, 06:09 PM)freddy Wrote: I put witch hazel into a small 2-ounce jar and then add a few drops of fragrance or essential oil. I then have witch hazel that is scented rose, lavender, lemon, grapefruit, or orange. Of course, I never use much (just enough to scent the witch hazel) and, so far, have had no adverse reaction. It is possible that this might not work for some so definitely read up on the different essential/fragrance oils, their benefits, and the cautions one should take using them.

Great idea! Wish you could customize the scents more with scents similar to cologne

2 95