05-02-2014, 06:10 PM
  • Java
  • Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
User Info
I've been looking for an injector for a while, and I just spotted this one on e-bay. I bought it only having seen it on my phone, so all I know about it is says "Eversharp Schick" which if I understand correctly makes it a "G" type. I've never heard of one with a navy handle and a gold head, though. Can't wait to see it on a bigger screen.

[Image: ry%3D400]

0 272
 05-02-2014, 07:09 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
It is a Schick G4.

If you have not done so, read our wiki on Schick.

http://shavenook.com/page-schick-injectors

178 23,809
 05-03-2014, 09:10 AM
  • Java
  • Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
User Info
Thanks, Johnny. I had been looking for a "Route 66" when I found this one. I thought that the R66s all had chrome heads, but re-reading the wiki, I see that the G4s had "various finishes and colors". I appreciate the help. I'm really not just lazy, I'm traveling without my computer and I'm too old and blind to see the pictures on my phone!

0 272
 05-10-2014, 05:39 AM
User Info
I got mine yesterday and i have to say i love it. It´s a beauty:

[Image: 20140510_143441.jpg][/align]

3 months ago i didn´t even knew that such thing existed, i´m going to try it today for the first time.

1 202
 05-10-2014, 06:31 AM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
(05-02-2014, 06:10 PM)Java Wrote: I've been looking for an injector for a while, and I just spotted this one on e-bay. I bought it only having seen it on my phone, so all I know about it is says "Eversharp Schick" which if I understand correctly makes it a "G" type. I've never heard of one with a navy handle and a gold head, though. Can't wait to see it on a bigger screen.

[Image: ry%3D400]

That looks like its in great shape. Even if there are some unseen spots those injectors clean up fantastic. I have that exact razor. You are correct in my experience the dark blue handle with the gold is not all that common. I also have the 66 with the blue handle and chrome dimpled head. Actually its a funny story I have 2. I bought one that was still in the box with a tube of molle brushless cream then I saw one on ebay that was a horrible pic of a dark blue handled injector. I thought it was blue with gold but the pic was bad and the razor was dirty. The auction was ending and no one had bid and the price was really cheap so I bid. I got it and to my surprise it was the blue with chrome dimpled finish 66 and it cleaned up amazing. Thats one thing I like about the old schick injectors. I have only come across a couple that were beyond restoring and most of them come out looking great. Yours looks great from go.
The light blue handed ones are rare to as there was an issue with the light blue plastic and it crumbled and fell apart for some reason. Alo a clear handled model is rarely seen. Less so than the the 66's and the light blue handled even.
Sorry for rambling but I really like the Schick Injectors and actually have managed to acquire every model except one special edition they put out that is actually made with precious metals. I prob will never get that one unless it is by sheer luck! They are awesome razors that can be had super reasonably, clean up great, and shave great as well.
When Ravi posted the thread if you had to pick a razor for one pass, the Schick Injector was my choice.
Congrats on your find. Lets us know how you like it. I love them. I get such a good shave with them it almost feels like cheating!

(05-10-2014, 05:39 AM)Nuno Sá Wrote: I got mine yesterday and i have to say i love it. It´s a beauty:

[Image: 20140510_143441.jpg][/align]

3 months ago i didn´t even knew that such thing existed, i´m going to try it today for the first time.

Wow the brown marbling on that one is fantastic! I have one but it doesn't have near that much marbling - wish it did!

9 429
 05-10-2014, 06:43 AM
User Info
Well it was love at first sight :biggrin.

I though this razors were bigger, photos kinda make them look that way, but now that i have it here i´m amazed with the piece of art this little thing is.

1 202
 05-10-2014, 07:36 AM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
(05-10-2014, 06:43 AM)Nuno Sá Wrote: Well it was love at first sight :biggrin.

I though this razors were bigger, photos kinda make them look that way, but now that i have it here i´m amazed with the piece of art this little thing is.

You are very right! I remember the first one I bought when I got it I was amazed how small they are. There was nothing in the pic with it so I had no idea.

9 429
 05-10-2014, 07:58 AM
User Info
Also got an GEM 1912 and got the same feeling.

1 202
 05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
User Info
Beautiful injectors, gentlemen! Biggrin

83 21,077