05-04-2014, 06:09 PM
#1
User Info
Yet another DD but this time it's not a "Franken Razor".
It came with the clear acrylic scales and a set of broken scales with the nice bolsters. The plan was simple for a common swap. Black horn was the material of choice and the bolsters added to them.
The blade was a little crusty so I did what I could. There isn't much metal on these particular blades but it worked. I also had to pull the edge back just a bit to find solid metal.
I used brass pins and made mini washers as the standard #0 ones just don't look right on these even though it 's not a true resto
A pure white wedge completes the piece.

[Image: 2TTnOAN.jpg]

[Image: c6VzsQX.jpg]

[Image: VwTy5HB.jpg]

[Image: bGaCBMD.jpg]

[Image: Yc8IjHY.jpg]

[Image: KPV24Xg.jpg]

[Image: SeZBTiI.jpg]

[Image: wHp9uy6.jpg]

[Image: rUe4rc4.jpg]

[Image: Gfh7jGA.jpg]

[Image: NQvwdU2.jpg]

[Image: UqnhYbF.jpg]

0 777
Reply
 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM
#2
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Another remarkable transformation ... well done!

102 18,669
Reply
 05-04-2014, 06:18 PM
#3
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
Benchmark quality restoration. Never cease to impress!
The gold and black is striking and what a transformation on that blade.

9 429
Reply
 05-05-2014, 02:44 PM
#4
  • OldDog23
  • Senior Member
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
the filigree overlays are just striking !

0 1,291
Reply
 05-05-2014, 03:57 PM
#5
User Info
That is awesome restoration work. Well done.


Rocco

0 37
Reply
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)