05-05-2014, 09:56 AM
User Info
Moderator churchilllafemme pulled my post about the fact that a 1kg brick of P.160 was selling somewhere - no link to the site was provided.

The post was pulled with the comment:
"I have blocked your post about the P160 because it is against forum rules to post about live auctions on eBay sites. "

And with the friendly add: "Please read the rules."

So I did here: http://shavenook.com/forum-forum-rules

But I am unable to find the rule where it states that it not allowed to post ABOUT an auction - not even including a link to it.
Heck, I can't even find a rule where it says I couldn't post a link to an active auction if I wanted to.

Am I looking at the right rules?

The rules for reference:
"Forum Rules
Please read the following carefully.

1. Administrator and Moderator decisions are final. Ultimately, the Moderators have complete discretion over what is and is not acceptable on the site.

2. This is a site that is primarily about shaving and grooming. Please keep your political and/or religious beliefs to yourself.

3. Please do not make posts that are vulgar, obscene, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise violate any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars.

4. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and are a basis for an immediate ban

5. Websites/Links that are found to contain Malware will be removed and blocked from the Shave Nook.

6. No "Trolling". Do not post anything that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create pointless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This also includes messages in profiles and signatures.

7. No Spamming. Joining the forum for the sole purpose of advertising your products or website is prohibited. Making posts for the sole purpose of increasing your post count will also be considered spamming.

8. Do not include advertisements of any kind in your signature line unless you are an approved vendor or artisan.

9. This is a site primarily about shaving. Therefore, all threads (with the exception of the Front Porch) have to be primarily about shaving/grooming.

10. Vendors are asked to make all posts that constitute self-advertisement in the Vendor's Section. Members who resell supplies/items for profit will be considered as vendors when posting for this purpose.

11. Multiple Accounts are prohibited; only one account per member.

12. We will not tolerate bad mouthing of other shaving sites. Please refrain from this sort of discussion.

13. Rules are subject to change as the need arises.

- The Shave Nook Administrative Team"

0 338
 05-05-2014, 09:59 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
http://shavenook.com/thread-b-s-t-rules-...re-posting

5. No auctions allowed. And no links to or direct references to live auctions (eBay). All For Sale ads must include a price.

119 19,675
 05-05-2014, 10:01 AM
User Info
(05-05-2014, 09:59 AM)Agravic Wrote: http://shavenook.com/thread-b-s-t-rules-...re-posting

5. No auctions allowed. And no links to or direct references to live auctions (eBay). All For Sale ads must include a price.

Thanks but that seems to be a rule for the BST section no?
I read the overall forum rules as listed and my post was not in BST.

0 338
 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
True, the rule is technically listed in the BST Rules section, but this particular one applies to posting in general about auctions ...

119 19,675
 05-05-2014, 10:03 AM
User Info
(05-05-2014, 10:02 AM)Agravic Wrote: True, the rule is technically listed in the BST Rules section, but this particular one applies to posting in general about auctions ...

Then maybe that should be references in the general forum rules...which are the ones I read before I posted.

It would be impossible to know that that THIS rule applies to posts outside of BST hence my resentment to the "Read the rules" comment I received.

0 338
 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Fair enough.

119 19,675
 05-05-2014, 10:06 AM
User Info
(05-05-2014, 10:05 AM)Agravic Wrote: Fair enough.

Thanks - at least YOU clarified it Smile
Especially since the reply I got back was "read all the rules".

0 338
 05-05-2014, 10:35 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-05-2014, 10:06 AM)Darkbulb Wrote:

A review of the rules is definitely needed. Let's put the auction issue aside for the moment. This thread violated rule #1, #4 and #6 (of the general rules). Cool

54 21,895
 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
  • wingdo
  • The Dude Abides
  • Florida
User Info
(05-05-2014, 10:06 AM)Darkbulb Wrote:

Perhaps you should have waited for clarification from the Mod who PMd you before posting here. There is no reason to post here while you are still talking with a moderator about the same question. Please see rules 1, 4 and 6 which you yourself quoted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

129 4,001
 05-05-2014, 10:39 AM
  • wingdo
  • The Dude Abides
  • Florida
User Info
Thread closed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

129 4,001