05-06-2014, 06:20 PM
User Info
This one is for a fellow board member. I hope he likes it as he hasn't seen it yet.
Basically break it down.Clean up and polish the scales.
The blade I sanded, polished ( especially the spine/shaft/tail and for the blade itself I recreated the factory finish of a brushed texture in satin.
Buttoned it up with mini SS washers I made with Nickle pins. This,in person, is one pretty blade.

[Image: rAuGTeA.jpg]

[Image: Fqa6avK.jpg]

[Image: 5ApvJty.jpg]

[Image: 46ye3ht.jpg]

[Image: YKpekRR.jpg]

[Image: RoiVMd8.jpg][Image: 7nTBPSJ.jpg]

[Image: WmGpqD2.jpg]

[Image: qAXuKsf.jpg]

[Image: uoHf1tT.jpg]

0 777
 05-06-2014, 06:56 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Another remarkable restoration, Mark ... well done!

I think I know who this fine razor belongs to ... and am confident that he'll be ecstatic! Biggrin

102 18,552
 05-06-2014, 07:02 PM
User Info
I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet. Maybe he doesn't like it and isn't posting . He was pleading though for me to show it.
This is one exceptional blade. Barely a flaw on it.
Mark

0 777
 05-06-2014, 07:06 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(05-06-2014, 07:02 PM)mycarver Wrote: I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet. Maybe he doesn't like it and isn't posting . He was pleading though for me to show it.
This is one exceptional blade. Barely a flaw on it.
Mark

He hasn't been online since 10pm ... so it looks like he just missed this thread being posted ... he'll be back soon ... Biggrin

102 18,552
 05-06-2014, 07:14 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I don't think the NOS Erusta that I recently acquired looks as beautiful as this one. Another stunning work of art.

38 5,030
 05-06-2014, 07:38 PM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
Absolutely gorgeous! I mean it truly is perfect man! All I can say is thank you so much Mark. Thanks to your skill and workmanship and this razor is now the absolute centerpiece of my straight collection/rotation. To say I am thrilled is a total understatement. This will never leave my possession. It is an honor to own a razor that you have so skillfully revived and then some!
Woo Hoo! Man I am fired up to shave with that bad boy!
ps- A thank you to Ravi as well, for it is he who suggested I contact you! Thanks my friend!

9 429
 05-06-2014, 07:39 PM
User Info
An NOS? I'd love to see it. I'd like to know where I went wrong. I always feel like I'm guessing at what the textures, etc. were actually like. I know I need to work on the washers. Gotta' do something different there.
Not that I think these are bad... but there is always room for improvement.
Where is that wall I love to bang my head against?

(05-06-2014, 07:38 PM)W.S.O. Wrote: Absolutely gorgeous! I mean it truly is perfect man! All I can say is thank you so much Mark. Thanks to your skill and workmanship and this razor is now the absolute centerpiece of my straight collection/rotation. To say I am thrilled is a total understatement. This will never leave my possession. It is an honor to own a razor that you have so skillfully revived and then some!
Woo Hoo! Man I am fired up to shave with that bad boy!
ps- A thank you to Ravi as well, for it is he who suggested I contact you! Thanks my friend!

A shot in the dark tells me you're happy?
Well that makes me thrilled!
My day is complete. Glad to be of service.
And as everyone always says,, wait till you see it in person. The camera doesn't do it justice. This is one spectacular blade my friend. And I've seen lots of blades.
I'll hone it up along with the Friodur. Unless you have something else up your sleeve.

One odd little detail that doesn't show up well in the photos is the shoulder is polished along with the spine,, but the blade is satiny finished. Man,, that one little thing just makes this blade pop in my opinion. The Devil lives in the details. But I caught it on the original finish.
I'll hate to send it back!

0 777
 05-06-2014, 07:56 PM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
(05-06-2014, 07:39 PM)mycarver Wrote: A shot in the dark tells me you're happy?
Well that makes me thrilled!
My day is complete. Glad to be of service.
And as everyone always says,, wait till you see it in person. The camera doesn't do it justice. This is one spectacular blade my friend. And I've seen lots of blades.
I'll hone it up along with the Friodur. Unless you have something else up your sleeve.

One odd little detail that doesn't show up well in the photos is the shoulder is polished along with the spine,, but the blade is satiny finished. Man,, that one little thing just makes this blade pop in my opinion.
I'll hate to send it back!

Well there is this DublDuck Satinwedge ... lol
If the pics dont do this justice I cant even get my head around how amazing it must look in person and cannot wait to see it!
Happy is an understatement. Thank You Mark!

9 429
 05-07-2014, 02:12 AM
User Info
I love my Erusta one of the finest shavers I own I only lightly restored mine basically scales off lightly polished with new internal washers blade again very lightly polished then honed.

[Image: 003_zpsc53ccde6.jpg~original]

[Image: 004_zpsd28ec8fa.jpg~original]

11 1,921