05-11-2012, 07:52 AM
User Info
Hi I'm Saliavin, and I am a headshaver.

I use a Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed hair brush, that has a 21mm knot. I have a couple of handles I have found at estate sales, and have been readying myself for re-knotting them. The 404 is a very nice brush, but I need to reload it to complete the face/head shave. So am I am making the correct assumption that a bigger knot holds more lather?

I have been thinking of getting the 24mm Super Fan and the 30mm silvertip grade A bulb(I will be turning this one from corian samples) from TGN. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these. I have moved from sticks, which were easy to add a little extra soap to the dome to finish up, to soaps in a bowl. I would love to load once. Is it even possible?

I face lather, do two pass plus touch ups on the face, and two plus whatever gets me BBS on the head. I hardly ever use creams.

0 103
 05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I also face lather and shave my head daily. Most of my brushes are around 22mm silver tip badgers, some 2 band. I use soaps and cremes.

I load once for my face (about 10 seconds for 3 passes) and then just give it a little extra swirl before I shave my head. I only need one pass on my head as the feather DX razor gives me a clean shave so no need to load to much.

26 1,246
 05-12-2012, 12:27 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Hi Im Teiste,and Im a headshaver too.
While on my face I like knots under 23mm on the head I will go for knots over 24/25 mm.I find the 24 or 25 mm ones perfect to hold lather to cover my head two or three times.

86 7,123
 05-15-2012, 07:13 AM
User Info
Thanks guys, I will be ordering at least one knot soon.

0 103