05-07-2014, 01:55 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
This conversation started over in the BST but should be here.

What I'm trying to find out is if these three razors all shave the same and are only different in their looks. I have the PH and think it's gorgeous but I also like the black with black handle. Seems silly to have two if they shave the same.

58 1,312
 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Here's an old photo I dug out of my archives ...

Pictured from left to right : polished, ARC, DLC

[Image: 16k2ntw.jpg]

... FWIW, when I owned these 3, I didn't find a tremendous difference between them in terms of performance ... and unlike most others who have commented in the past, I actually preferred the ARC over the DLC.

102 18,557
 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM
  • Rob W
  • Central IL, USA
User Info
I don't know that I can notice any differences between the PH and the DLC. But that is just me. But I am sure there are others that notice major differences. As with all razors YMMV.

Rob

4 633
 05-07-2014, 03:46 PM
User Info
Like Agravic I've had all three and didn't notice a huge difference or really any discernible difference, really. But I'm no expert; I just like to shave!

- Josh -

84 1,505
 05-07-2014, 04:54 PM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
That's good to know. That means I don't need to acquire another just for looks Smile

58 1,312
 05-07-2014, 06:59 PM
User Info
Dustin, I had all three at one point and I found the DLC to be the smoothest of them all, while being a tiny bit milder than the others. I have had quite a few friends confirm this.
I actually still have my PH head that is coated in Cerakote Graphite Black and it is a very nice shaver, but a bit more aggressive than the DLC; not much, but I am able to notice the difference between the two as I have been shaving with the DLC for over 2 years, almost exclusively.

Nonetheless, for the prices that the DLCs are going for, I wouldn't recommend getting one and I would suggest you get your PH Cerakoted in Graphite Black if you like the classy, black look and you are enjoying the shaves! Biggrin

82 21,056
 05-07-2014, 08:54 PM
User Info
To create a bit more confusion, wasn't it said that some of the DLC's have varying openings on the head?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, love my Weber.

12 848
 05-07-2014, 09:44 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Tried all of them, the DLC give me the nicest shaves but there really was little difference with the PH. (going to try a DLC straight in the near future and see what that gives)

28 1,433
 05-08-2014, 02:28 AM
User Info
(05-07-2014, 09:44 PM)Snuff Wrote: Tried all of them, the DLC give me the nicest shaves but there really was little difference with the PH. (going to try a DLC straight in the near future and see what that gives)

Interesting. If I just so happened to be on the board at the right time when a DLC comes up for sale, I wouldn't mind trying one with some sort of black handle.

12 848
 05-08-2014, 06:04 AM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
I've owned them all and compared them. For me, the final shave is exactly the same. The "face feel" however does seem to be a bit different - no doubt due to the different finishes.

35 486
 05-08-2014, 07:46 AM
User Info
(05-07-2014, 08:54 PM)ShaneN. Wrote: To create a bit more confusion, wasn't it said that some of the DLC's have varying openings on the head?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, love my Weber.

* Yes, indeed! This is true as the manufacturing of the DLC heads wasn't consistent for all with some having issues with varying degrees of blade gap and mild to substantial warping and some were milder or more aggressive than others due to this inconsistent feature.

82 21,056