05-08-2014, 12:35 PM
User Info
I had one, thought it was too floppy and sold it. I kind of regretted doing that as I really didn't use it enough to get used to it. Got a coupon from L'Occitane in today's mail for a 20% sale on regular priced items. My usual feeling is not to rebuy anything you've ever sold but I may have to give this brush another chance. Anyone else ever sold this brush and gave it another try?

46 489
 05-08-2014, 12:49 PM
User Info
Never sold it, but I did buy a second one and I've considered a third. There are definitely ways to use it which can give you more backbone. Godspeed in your decision.

31 8,058
 05-08-2014, 12:50 PM
User Info
Sure, and not just with this brush.

29 1,776
 05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
User Info
(05-08-2014, 12:49 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Never sold it, but I did buy a second one and I've considered a third. There are definitely ways to use it which can give you more backbone. Godspeed in your decision.

+1 I would highly suggest giving it another opportunity if you enjoy synthetics or plan on using synthetics, for whatever reason.
You can always sell, again, if you don't like it, again. Biggrin

83 21,115
 05-08-2014, 12:58 PM
User Info
No but I bought and sold and re-bought the same Kent BK4 FOUR TIMES! Those crazy days are over...but i have bought and sold and bought back brushes and razors multiple times. Go for it!

19 775
 05-08-2014, 01:07 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(05-08-2014, 12:35 PM)AFG008 Wrote: I had one, thought it was too floppy and sold it. I kind of regretted doing that as I really didn't use it enough to get used to it. Got a coupon from L'Occitane in today's mail for a 20% sale on regular priced items. My usual feeling is not to rebuy anything you've ever sold but I may have to give this brush another chance. Anyone else ever sold this brush and gave it another try?

If you give it a solid chance. I'm quite confident you will like it. It is simply the best performing synth I have ever tried!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

14 871
 05-08-2014, 03:48 PM
User Info
I couldn't pass this up at $44 and free shipping. I'll give it an honest try this time. I'm really liking synthetics and find myself looking forward to using the two Muhle brushes I have so hope this one works out this time around.

46 489
 05-10-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
The local L'Occitane store is currently selling the brush as a stand-alone, rather than continuing their annoying policy of bundling it as part of an expensive kit. So now that I can pick and choose in person rather than get served pot luck online, I think I'll get another. As it relates to the original premise of this thread, it will be my fourth.

29 1,776
 05-10-2014, 10:16 AM
  • W.S.O.
  • Banned
  • Philadelphia, Pa
User Info
I was almost going to do the same thing and I really felt the exact way that you did. I posted as much and so many people disagreed that I was really starting to question my decision. Then I got an Omega 46215 Synthetic and it gave me exactly what I was looking for. It had more backbone than the Plisson but amazing softness at the tips. Softer than any other synthetic I've tried besides the Plisson.
Had I not gotten that Omega there is a possibility I would have given the Plisson another try.
There is a thread on thr brush with many suggestions on using it for those that felt it lacked adequate backbone. Might be worth looking up. Interested in hearing how it goes for you this time.

9 429
 05-12-2014, 12:32 AM
User Info
I think the Plisson synthetic is a floppy, limp brush with not much backbone. I bought one because I saw so many raving reports about it, and I am lately fascinated with synthetic brushes. The Simpson Chubby with the synthetic fibers is exactly what I want, a short loft, very soft tips and a nice backbone for face lather.
This one and a Muehle, I would take anytime over the Plisson.
If the Plisson would have a shorter loft, it may fit the bill, mine has a loft of 56 mm with a knot size of 21.5 mm. My Chubby Syn has 28.5 knot diameter with a loft of 53.5 - perfect.

0 183
 05-12-2014, 05:16 AM
User Info
Rudy with the face of stone. Enjoy those scrubby brushes along with your D01 2-bands. Biggrin

31 8,058
 05-12-2014, 03:52 PM
User Info
(05-12-2014, 12:32 AM)Rudy Vey Wrote: I think the Plisson synthetic is a floppy, limp brush with not much backbone. I bought one because I saw so many raving reports about it, and I am lately fascinated with synthetic brushes. The Simpson Chubby with the synthetic fibers is exactly what I want, a short loft, very soft tips and a nice backbone for face lather.
If the Plisson would have a shorter loft, it may fit the bill, mine has a loft of 56 mm with a knot size of 21.5 mm. My Chubby Syn has 28.5 knot diameter with a loft of 53.5 - perfect.

Thanks for this Rudy! This is exactly what I needed to hear. I have been intrigued by all the new synthetics coming out and have practiced much restraint in not buying the Cade Plisson. I have not enjoyed synthetics prior to the newest generation fibers. I will probably pick up a Simpson at some point now. Biggrin

47 385
 05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(05-12-2014, 03:52 PM)CJames Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 12:32 AM)Rudy Vey Wrote: I think the Plisson synthetic is a floppy, limp brush with not much backbone. I bought one because I saw so many raving reports about it, and I am lately fascinated with synthetic brushes. The Simpson Chubby with the synthetic fibers is exactly what I want, a short loft, very soft tips and a nice backbone for face lather.

Thanks for this Rudy! This is exactly what I needed to hear. I have been intrigued by all the new synthetics coming out and have practiced much restraint in not buying the Cade Plisson. I have not enjoyed synthetics prior to the newest generation fibers. I will probably pick up a Simpson at some point now. Biggrin

Although I respect Rudy immensely. That is one oppinion. Many others (including myself) have very different oppinions.

Rudy likes very scrubby brushes. It is known. Smile

14 871
 05-12-2014, 04:42 PM
User Info
The Plisson is easy going for those of us with sensitive skin. Its compliant nature decreases the risk of irritation while still generating gobs of lather. It offers the same full lathering experience that the scrub-and-backbone guys get with their brushes.

29 1,776
 05-12-2014, 05:01 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I have 3 of these brushes and they're the only ones I use these days.I haven't used any other synthetic, badger or boar brush for months now.

88 7,215
 05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
User Info
(05-12-2014, 04:01 PM)Attila Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 03:52 PM)CJames Wrote:

Although I respect Rudy immensely. That is one oppinion. Many others (including myself) have very different oppinions.

Rudy likes very scrubby brushes. It is known. Smile

I have the same opinion as Rudy on the Cade Synth so make that 2! Biggrin

32 344
 05-12-2014, 06:50 PM
User Info
(05-12-2014, 05:01 PM)Teiste Wrote: I have 3 of these brushes and they're the only ones I use these days.I haven't used any other synthetic, badger or boar brush for months now.

O...M...G! You poor hombre! Biggrin

83 21,115
 05-14-2014, 09:29 PM
User Info
(05-10-2014, 10:04 AM)rsp1202 Wrote: The local L'Occitane store is currently selling the brush as a stand-alone, rather than continuing their annoying policy of bundling it as part of an expensive kit. So now that I can pick and choose in person rather than get served pot luck online, I think I'll get another. As it relates to the original premise of this thread, it will be my fourth.

Thanks for mentioning this. I am is socal as well and was curious about two details. When you buy them in stores, does it include the nice slip case box and the plastic stand inside? Also, where is the closest LOccitane store to you?

Thanks a bunch!

82 1,373
 05-15-2014, 06:28 AM
User Info
Yes, it comes with box and stand. My local store is in Marina del Rey, but there are about 10 others in the Los Angeles area. Probably best to call ahead to see if the brushes are available as mentioned at those.

(05-14-2014, 09:29 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:
(05-10-2014, 10:04 AM)rsp1202 Wrote: The local L'Occitane store is currently selling the brush as a stand-alone, rather than continuing their annoying policy of bundling it as part of an expensive kit. So now that I can pick and choose in person rather than get served pot luck online, I think I'll get another. As it relates to the original premise of this thread, it will be my fourth.

Thanks for mentioning this. I am is socal as well and was curious about two details. When you buy them in stores, does it include the nice slip case box and the plastic stand inside? Also, where is the closest LOccitane store to you?

Thanks a bunch!

29 1,776
 05-17-2014, 04:08 AM
User Info
I'm not going to tell you to go back and try this brush again unless your wants regarding backbone have changed. While I like the Plisson Synthetic, someone who wants a lot of backbone is not going to like it much.

The only times that 'going back' has worked for me is with razors - when my technique improved enough to appreciate something that I didn't like at first.

37 1,743