05-08-2014, 03:21 PM
User Info
I have tried I, G and L series injectors and no matter what I do or which blade I use, I can't get a good shave. I have had some luck with my Schick Grip but the rest just don't work for me

I've tried Chinese Schick blades, Barber injector blades and Personna blades and get the same results regardless.

I love the idea of the injector and the feel of them in my hand but I'm at my wits end.

Anybody got an idea to help?

4 952
 05-08-2014, 03:40 PM
User Info
What do you mean by they don't work. Are they not cutting anything at all? Are they very rough and uncomfortable? What exactly isn't working?

31 8,058
 05-08-2014, 06:54 PM
User Info
+1. We need more info re: what's going on.

I don't particularly like injectors but I found the one I tried quite easy to use and it gave me a good shave. I believe it had a Chinese blade in it. Sorry, I don't remember more. But we need more info.

32 6,470
 05-09-2014, 05:05 AM
User Info
Yeah, I was venting a bit there. It's very frustrating to me

I can't get the darn things to cut the stubble. I go over an area, say my cheek, and then feel for what was removed and it's like nothing happened. Still the same basic amount of whiskers. It's crazy!

I've tried all sorts of different angles/techniques, different blades, different soap/cream and have not found a good combo.

Maybe injectors are just not for me.

4 952
 05-09-2014, 05:39 AM
User Info
Please don't take any of my questions as belittling because I did, or almost did all of these.

1. How are you getting the blade in & out? Is the sharp edge facing out?
2. Does it feel/look like the head of the razor is down on the blade & that the blade is all the way up to the blade stops?
3. Some people, myself included, will use a little pressure. Have you tried adding some pressure with your stroke?
4. The angle is basically built in so that shouldn't be a problem but the small blade gap could be. The most aggressive injector I've used is the E2. I'd be willing to let you borrow it if you'd like. I also need to make sure I haven't already lent it to a local friend who recently started traditional shaving.

I look forward to your replies!

31 8,058
 05-09-2014, 09:39 AM
User Info
(05-09-2014, 05:39 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Please don't take any of my questions as belittling because I did, or almost did all of these.

1. How are you getting the blade in & out? Is the sharp edge facing out?
2. Does it feel/look like the head of the razor is down on the blade & that the blade is all the way up to the blade stops?
3. Some people, myself included, will use a little pressure. Have you tried adding some pressure with your stroke?
4. The angle is basically built in so that shouldn't be a problem but the small blade gap could be. The most aggressive injector I've used is the E2. I'd be willing to let you borrow it if you'd like. I also need to make sure I haven't already lent it to a local friend who recently started traditional shaving.

I look forward to your replies!
Thanks for the reply and tips.

1. I'm using the package as they come from the manufacturer. Insert key into the back of the razor and then slide the blade into the razor
2. I check the blade and make sure it's properly seated and that all is aligned properly and that the head us secure.
3. Have not tried to use any pressure. Guess that's a holdover from using a DE for so long. Will try a "tiny" bit of pressure and see what happens.
4. Have an E2 (I think). Just haven't used it because it has been reported to be aggressive. I'll dig it out and see what happens.

Just found some Schick blades in the local supermarket so I reckon it's time for another go round with the injectors. We'll see what happens.

4 952
 05-09-2014, 12:53 PM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(05-09-2014, 09:39 AM)MichaelD Wrote: 3. Have not tried to use any pressure. Guess that's a holdover from using a DE for so long. Will try a "tiny" bit of pressure and see what happens.
4. Have an E2 (I think). Just haven't used it because it has been reported to be aggressive. I'll dig it out and see what happens.

Just found some Schick blades in the local supermarket so I reckon it's time for another go round with the injectors. We'll see what happens.

If your E2 is anything like mine, you will notice a BIG difference between it and the G through L models.

Keep the zero pressure thought in your mind! (for the E2, not the others)

I can get a good shave with my other injectors too, but
nowhere near as close as with the E2.

0 912
 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
User Info
(05-09-2014, 05:05 AM)MichaelD Wrote: Yeah, I was venting a bit there. It's very frustrating to me

I can't get the darn things to cut the stubble. I go over an area, say my cheek, and then feel for what was removed and it's like nothing happened. Still the same basic amount of whiskers. It's crazy!

I've tried all sorts of different angles/techniques, different blades, different soap/cream and have not found a good combo.

Maybe injectors are just not for me.

Hi there,

What you need is a very sharp blade. One that's not made anymore is what I'd suggest and I'd bet money that would help fix the problem. Over the years I've used many injector blades and I do know what works for me. Also, there's no way the weight of those injectors is enough to shave without some bearing down, especially on the tougher spots. How much pressure to use is part of the learning curve.

Use the pm feature if you like and I will send you out something to try.

Martin

1 79